Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 31, 2012

RNC 2012 Ratings Lag Far Behind 2008's

On Wednesday, nearly 20 million viewers tuned in to the 10 p.m. hour for Paul Ryan’s speech at the Republican National Convention. Four years ago, 37 million people -- 17 million more viewers -- tuned in to view Sarah Palin’s RNC address in Minnesota. 

According to Nielsen, only FOX News and ABC improved their ratings from Tuesday night, when nearly 22 million viewers tuned in to see Ann Romney speak. Meanwhile, viewership across every network was down from 2008. According to Nielsen, FOX News was down 1.5 million viewers, NBC 3.5 million, CNN nearly five million, ABC three million, CBS two million, and MSNBC about two million.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The economy is so bad cable and satellite subscribers are way down.

Anonymous said...

So, we were predisposed that Mitt and Paul were nominated and would accept. What here is the cliff hanger that may have changed this? We knew this before the show began. Nothing was variable. nice to see a comedy skit from Clint. BTW, he is not known for his history of stand up comedy, but what the heck, he did okat. What was the alternative, more expected speeches? Crickey!

Anonymous said...

Okay, look, we're going to put on this show where the end is predefined and in stone. You have the option of watching everything else on TV where you don't know the outcome.
Which one will you watch?

Anonymous said...

FOX CNBC ABC CBS CNN MSNBC They all suck I get all the good news on the NET

Anonymous said...

Fact is many people know they are not going to put up with 4 more years of broken promises, incompetence, racism and economic disaster of the Obama regime.
Why watch?
I predict Romney will win with 60% of the vote or nearabouts!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what people ever saw in Obama. He's done nothing productive or construtive in his whole life. We don't even know if he really did attend college. I know I am not easily fooled but I never realized how many people can be fooled by a charlatan.

Anonymous said...

My decision on which way I'm voting was made a long time ago. I don't need to watch the convention to help make my mind up.

Anonymous said...

Rasmussen has Romney ahead by 3 today. The spread is closing in. Average of recent polls conducted show obama at only a .3 percent lead.
Welcome in President Romney! Except for the hard core leftists even the media is merging to the right. They have seen their ratings fall on account of their previous love and devotion to obama and they've come to realize they cannot continue to lie and make up excuses for him anymore and still retain an audience.

Anonymous said...

I never stay up late. I record for later. I watched Mr. Eastwood (which turns out was funny) and I watched Mitt (which turns out was much warmer and human than I had ever seen him before. BUT the recording that swayed me most was his wife. And a good job was done by all.