Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Who Gives A @&%$

Michael Jordan
From: Barack Obama
To: Joe Albero
Date: Fri, Aug 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Joe --

When Michael Jordan wrote a check to my campaign for U.S. Senate in 2004, I wasn't sure whether I should cash it or frame it.

Now Michael Jordan is taking his support to the next level. If you chip in $3 or whatever you can today, you'll be automatically entered for a chance to meet both of us at an event later this month in New York City.

You're invited to bring a guest -- so if basketball isn't your game, I encourage you to bring someone in your life who might enjoy meeting Michael and me over dinner, and maybe even shooting some hoops with some of the other basketball stars, past and present.

Now, I don't know if I'll want to sprint up and down the court that night, but I'm always up to launch a few jump shots. If you join me, don't be surprised if I challenge you or your guest to play.

Tonight is the deadline to throw your name in -- and, today only, every entry counts for two. Make a donation, and you'll be automatically entered:

Thanks,

Barack

Dear Barack,

Will you be serving beer? If so, I'd like to know what kind before I even consider.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

He should have chosen basketball instead of politics. Might have had better luck.

All his shots in office have bounced off the rim.

Anonymous said...

Michael Jordan; excellent basketball player; rest of life - not so much.

Obama; nothing but airball, double dribble and non-stop trash talk. His number will be retired but not displayed.