Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Comment Worthy Of A Post 5-17-12

Why have you moved to the land of higher taxes, Maryland, the not so free state? If I lived in Delaware, I would stay put, not move to a place where I now had to pay City, County and State taxes that were much higher than across the line.

My home in Salisbury is on the market. It is paid for, so I am willing to take a loss. You will be losing potential support in your bid for Mayor, when I move. There are others I know who have had it with the Maryland political scene, who would support you but now are looking into moving.

Are you aware that the sneaky Annapolis bunch have made the tax increases retroactive back to January 1st. Good Bye MD, my company has transferred to their Delaware office and my wife has landed a teaching job starting in the 2012-2013 school year. I feel as if we are blessed to get out of MD. My only sorrow is not being able to vote for the next Mayor of Salisbury.

Publishers Notes: First of all, I've owned property in the City of Salisbury for several years now and have been paying taxes there anyway. I have been criticizing Salisbury for many years now and felt it was time I put my money where my mouth is. I can and will change our little piece of the Shore for the better. Once I've completed what needs to be done in Salisbury I may consider other political options, we'll see.

People should know, one man cannot change everything. It will take an entire community to revitalize ALL of Salisbury. My goal is to unite both sides of the isle. Everyone who votes for me will know that is my intent from the beginning. If some choose not to cooperate you'll know who refused to participate.

There are some great minds on both sides. However, there will be no favoritism any longer. Salisbury should be the EXAMPLE of the Eastern Shore. In time we'll see how this community votes. However, there's never been a candidate like me willing to sacrifice so much to make such changes. Again, this will more than likely be a two year term so there's a LOT of work to be done right out of the gate. Anyone who knows me knows I do not fail. My work ethics are second to none. I will do what I say I'm going to do and I firmly believe most of it can be completed within that two year period. Even my most critical critics to whom I've been sharing my visions with strongly agree with the direction I'm focusing on.

It's unfortunate you and so many others are opting to leave Salisbury and clearly my timing couldn't be better. The things going on in Annapolis are disgusting. I'll start here and when I prove we, (together) can make a change for the better perhaps others will want to see me represent them in Annapolis down the road. Lord knows we need all the help we can get.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanting the job of Mayor of Salisbury is like wanting to be the Manager of Feldman's.

Anonymous said...

Rhere are some homes in salisbury that are around 50-60 grand.
County and city tax are about $3,000 , insurance around $500.00
Sewer and water around $800.00.
total= $350.00 a month , house payment was about $330.00.
Total payment $680.00 month.
Move on people , this is nuts .

Anonymous said...

aisle

Anonymous said...

No helping Salisbury, new group of good olde girls in there now. Whats next?

Anonymous said...

Suggestion: send a copy of that letter to Mayor Ireton for a response. Compare that response to candidate and future Mayor Albero's response.

Anonymous said...

Its not the political scene that irritates me. It is the backwards mentality that exists, this area is years behind the rest of the country in many areas.Yes, I will be moving also.

Anonymous said...

About 8 years ago I saw the writing on the wall. I moved literally a street outside the city to limit my exposure to the insanity running Salisbury.

Then I saw it spreading. I got out and moved to Talbot County. I'm safer. Tax burden is lower. The community is much nicer. I love it there.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Salisbury, and I'd love to get 2 hours of my life back every day that is spent commuting. But I'm not coming back any time soon.