Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spare Change

Hi, My name Is Jakob and I am a Fifth Grade Student at Pittsville Elementary School. As many of you know One of my best buddies lost his home and everything in it to a fire that someone started. My friend Walker and his mom and dad were lucky that they got out of the house and didn't die. I had to do something to help my friend so I have decided to do a "Spare Change" fundraiser at my school. I will be asking all of my classmates to Spare some change and help our friend. If you dont know Walker he is really cool and a good friend, I know he would do this for me. He is just a kid and doesnt deserve this. I know not everyone can afford to donate dollars so I am asking that we put our spare change together and make dollars to help my friend replace some of the things he lost, like his sports stuff and games. I am making donation cans and will be putting them around. Thank you very much! If you would like to ask me questions please contact me at 443-523-0789 Jakob

C/O Jakob
7349 Market Street
Willards, Md
21874

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an honorable thing to do Jacob. How about an address where people from not around here can send a donation, and to what fund.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful note... I have met the Mom before but don't know her well enough to call her ,,,,Do the family need clothes etc for immediate needs?/

Anonymous said...

That shows you what wonderful kids the majority are. Jakob, you're a great kid.

Anonymous said...

How nice of you Jakob to do this for your friend. What a good friend you are. If I see one of your donation cans I will certainly be glad to put some spare change in it.

Anonymous said...

Womens clothing: size-6/7 .. Shoe size 7
Mens :pant/jean size 32 waist 30 length...Shoe- 9
Boys:....16 husky pants ...mens large shirts.. Shoe -7

Amy(jakobs mom)

Anonymous said...

Amy,
What an awesome son you have! You must be so proud. If I see his cans around in the community, I will be sure to drop my change into them.

Bob Harris said...

Jakob, the Wicomico Eastside Chamber of Commerce will donate to your cause. We exist to give back to the community and that's exactly what we do. I am the immediate past president of the chamber and I will be talking to the new president this evening to arrange for the donation. Thank you young man. I know your parents are very proud of you. You are a credit to your community and an outstanding friend.

Brenda Malone said...

Jakob, very proud of you buddy! He's lucky to have a friend like you.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do Jakob. Wondering if your friend Walker is the same boy my son knows thru the YMCA? Regardless I will help you and them. God Bless. Can't wait to fill your cans, and I can go thru my sons closet and donate a bunch of stuff if needed.

Anonymous said...

Amy, could he drop off some donation jars in southern Wicomico? Fruitland area? My spare change doesn't amount to much, but combined with others...people are generous with their spare change...even if it's only a little...it still adds up...

Anonymous said...

Amazing young man! His parents must be so proud!

Amy Brooks said...

We will put out as many cans as we are able. Jakob is working hard and hand writing them his self. We are grateful for everyones gratitude. Jakob woke up this morning and checked the comments. He is very thankful for everyones response. Yes, 1:28 that's exactly what he said "if people put thier change in it will all come together to make dollars". Walker is a GREAT kid and would give the shirt off his back for his friends. This is for him! We are still in disbelief and shock, this is giving Jakob and his friends some postive energy to get through it together.