Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 26, 2012

East Haven Mayor: 'I Might Have Tacos' For Dinner


 As criticism of East Haven Mayor Joseph Maturo's taco comment mounted Wednesday, Maturo issued another apology.
"My sincerest apologies go out to the East Haven community and, in particular, the Latino community for the insensitive and off-collar comment that I made to WPIX reporter Mario Diaz yesterday regarding the recent events affecting our community and our police department," Maturo said.
"Unfortunately, I let the stress of the situation get the best of me and inflamed what is already a serious and unfortunate situation. I regret my insensitive comment and realize that it is my job to lead by example."

No comments: