Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, September 05, 2011

Texas Roadhouse In Fruitland Exceeds Expectations


We chose to head over to the Texas Road House on Friday night to try something a little different. We walked in and we were immediately seated, no wait at all. Our waitress had a fantastic sense of humor and made our dining experience better than we had experienced in quite some time.

I ordered the bone-in porterhouse steak cooked Pittsburgh style. If you've never ordered a steak that way, I strongly recommend it. However, you have to enjoy a steak more on the rare side. It was cooked to perfection. Our friends who joined us actually asked for something that wasn't on the menu and they had no problem whatsoever delivering another very enjoyable meal.

All in all it was a wonderful experience. One thing I enjoy most is an establishment that is clean and has a staff that is happy to be there. The prices were more reasonable than most others, yet I'd rate this one at the very top of the list. They have proven that you don't have to go to another high priced restaurant to experience quality food and a great atmosphere.

It may be a little bit of a drive from Delmar but one thing is for sure, we'll be back on a regular basis. It blows away Outback and you don't walk out of the place feeling like you're wearing grease on your clothes.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Joe. It was an awesome experience. What I orderd wasn't on the menu but when they brought it to me it looked and tasted like they served it everyday. It was outstanding. Also, the way the manager came to greet us was something you expect to see in a small owner operated establishment (like Vinny's)rather than a chain. I've always found the prices to be reasonable.

Anonymous said...

This is one of our favorite places to go!!! If u go onto their website you can leave your feedback and they give you a free appetizer next time you go!!! Their fried pickles are awesome!!! We eat there at least 3-4 times a month.

Cathy said...

i enjoy texas roadhouse. we ate there last night. staff IS always friendly & we've never had an issue (except the occasional steak that isn't cooked as ordered... but that happens at most places once in a while).

as far as outback, in my opinion they have the best ribs in town. when i'm cravin' ribs, that's where i go! and more recently i have been getting their new app the chicken flatbread pizza... its phenomenal!

Anonymous said...

We've been to texas many times. It's always been good.

Not sure about outbacks' ribs Cathy, but I had some from Ruby Tuesdays and they were quite good.

Anonymous said...

When we feel like spending money, we really enjoy the steak at Ruth Chris Steak House. We agree that for the price, the Roadhouse is good.

Anonymous said...

12:44, you're right about "spending money" at Ruth Chris. The steak is wonderful there, though it ought to be. As I recall, the cheapest is about $32; then one pays separately for sides, such as mashed potatoes ($5). Ruth's Chris is definitely for very special occasions! Texas Roadhouse is wonderful; I've never had a bad experience there.

Anonymous said...

Texas Road House is consistently good all the time. Love their ribs and burgers.

Anonymous said...

Ruth Chris is excellent, but you pay for it.

Anonymous said...

Great prime rib at roadhouse too. I've had it there twice and every bit as good as Goin' Nuts.

Unknown said...

I have had a bad experience at both Ruth's Chris Steak House AND Texas Roadhouse. I did register my complaint. TR sent me a coupon for my wife and I for a free dinner anywhere that one of their restaurants was located. RC sent me a gift card. Just have your facts straight and they will treat you fairly. They (both) did for me.

Anonymous said...

Its the only place I know where they will cut the steak any size you want-excellent!

Anonymous said...

OK,I've read all of the comments about how good Texas Roadhouse is,but no one mentioned the outstanding rolls and cinnamon butter.I realize people don't go just for the rolls,but they are great,as is everything else there.

Anonymous said...

I love going to Texas Roadhouse. Almost always get the house salad and the ribs - and the rolls are wonderful. Never walk out of there hungry and always very, very good.

Anonymous said...

Best ribs in town; however, it has way too much noise!

Anonymous said...

Yes the food is great, however looking at Pollitt's picture makes me sick. My family quit dining there because of that.

Anonymous said...

trh in seaford is good also no taxes

Anonymous said...

Haven't had dinner there since I had food poisoning from them. But I did hear thet had an issue selling to minors a while back. Doesnt surprise me because all the employees always looked high. But hey to each their own. Glad you enjoyed it but it's Old West for me.

Anonymous said...

We enjoy the Texas Roadhouse in Seaford. We've tried the one in Fruitland twice since they opened and I was sick both times before we even made it to the car to leave.
We ordered the same exact things we do in Seaford.
My doctor told me it was obviously due to some sort of cleaning agent for it to hit me that quick.
We won't be back.

Anonymous said...

wow, imagine how excited you people would be if you ate a anon-chain restaurant that served healthy food? Good luck with your diabetes and gout.

Anonymous said...

Show me a restaurant around here that serves "healthy" food.
They all serve from the same suppliers!
I prefer to cook at home for that reason. This way, I KNOW what I'm eating.