Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Christiana Mall Bridge Relocation Project Will Require Nighttime Closure

Christiana -- As part of the on-going Christiana Mall Road Bridge relocation project, the Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announces that beginning on Friday, September 16 from midnight to 7 a.m. Saturday, September 17; Saturday, September 17 from 10 p.m. to 9 a.m. on Sunday, September 18; Route 1 southbound will be closed at the I-95 interchange for paint containment removal. This closure will also affect traffic exiting I-95 southbound onto Route 1 southbound and Route 1 southbound traffic that want to exit onto I-95 Northbound. Traffic will be detoured from I-95 southbound and Route 1 southbound to the Route 273/I-95 interchange.


Routes 1 & 7 northbound will be closed beginning September 19-September 22 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., pending weather conditions. This closure will allow painting to continue on the bridge steel. This closure will affect traffic exiting Route 1 Northbound onto I-95 northbound and I-95 northbound traffic exiting to Route 1 northbound.

Christiana Mall Road Ramp from Route 7 southbound is down to one lane.

ALL BUSINESSES ARE OPEN THROUGHOUT THIS CONSTRUCTION PROJECT

Variable message signs will be posted to alert motorists of the upcoming closure and detour routes.

This project involves the new bridge and roadway approach tie-ins to the Christiana Mall "ring-road". The work will also include redesign and drainage work to the existing storm water management pond.

This work is part of a multi-year, multi-project I-95 Improvement Program that has included work at the Churchman's Road/Route 7 Intersection; the Churchman's Road Bridge over I-95; the I-95 Fifth Lane widening; and the reconstruction of the I-95 toll plaza in Newark.

No comments: