Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

We Don't Ask For Help Often But This Is A Worthy Cause

I have a Friend in Salisbury who is a very loving and caring person who has done so much in the past to Pay It Forward to others in need. Well, now its her turn to be the recipient of OUR help.

This Friend has a Son who has special needs. He recently hurt himself and was taken to PRMC where they allegedly made some mistakes on medication and was immediately flown to Shock Trauma.

Because her Son had an extended stay in Baltimore, she was forced to travel to Baltimore each day to be with her Son and in the mean time she lost her only business account and income.

Now, she's NOT reaching out asking for others to offer financial support. Instead, they have gone into every room of their home, attic, garage, sheds at 307 Washington Street in Salisbury and is holding a Yard Sale today and tomorrow.

We stopped by today to help out and plan on going there again tomorrow as well. If you have the time, PLEASE stop by and see if there isn't something you might want, need, or may never want and need, (if you get my drift).

Listen to her experience and I'm confident you'll open your wallets and pocket books to do whatever you can to help out. I personally love those people who don't have their hands out and instead are willing to sell you something instead. They have a 70" flat screen TV they're selling for only $300.00, (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED). They have window a/c units, a very large fish tank with all kinds of new filters and so forth. There's too many items to mention here but again, take some time out of your day to at least go see if there isn't something you might need.

THANK YOU! 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will stop by tomorrow.

Loving mother said...

I have plenty of good jewelry and glory to god I don't have to get rid of it! Junk I don't have any some stuff still has price tags on it. But thanks for the comment. Joe thanks for the help you truly are a man of god! You your family and any news get my highest praise. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and so does my family. Remain bleassed, Karen P.s thanks to all who come, help, pray, and show support. You never know when you'll need the help. Life is real....

Anonymous said...

What an inappropriate and disgraceful comment, Mr. Robinson. You should be ashamed. Truly.

Anonymous said...

6:54 Nobody with any sense believes it was John Robinson.

I would, however, like to know when this woman's son became our Christ. the term "Son" (capitalized) is used to reference our Lord Jesus Christ as the term "Him" (capitalized_ references the Holy Father.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if they had not bought things like a 70" TV, they would not be in the trouble they are in now.

Anonymous said...

First off let me say this the person writing this article really doesn't know the mother at all. She doesn't show up for court, and yes has had numerous cases in more than this county. The child's information is all false, check with the hospital, medical records, and school records. Recently per the mother they were filmed by the news for the same child being kicked by a teacher, was was all proved to be a fabrication. They do not do good will for others, they manipulate and take from others. Know the truth about families and check out their names in court records before you make fools of yourself and try to make fools out of all of us!

Anonymous said...

Wow, some pretty tasteless comments on here.

Anonymous said...

Oh for crying out loud! God will be there for you on judgement day.

Anonymous said...

It's always interesting to see the people who most often claim that government welfare should be replaced by charity looking for reasons to not be charitable.

Give from your heart because it is charitable, not because you expect reward. Give to those in need because they are in need and not because they are in your favor. - Atheist proverb (totally made up by David Hearne)

Karen wilson said...

Not telling your name is a cowered as you know my address is in the report. As far as what happen with my son in school the teacher was suspended for that and records I can show them to everyone and after the attorney sues the hospital you will are punk. God knows the truth and Joe Albero doesn't lie nor make anyone seem better then they are. At least I was willing to sell my nice things for my son. I didn't ask any one for a hand out nor do I care what you think. Prmc knows god knows my family here knows what happen to my son. Are you jealous of me. I probably feed you and your family gave you a ride or help you on some way. God knows I'm a good person that's why he sent Joe to my door. We will all know one thing where we all stand on judgement day I know where I'm going do you. At least I don't get drunk and go to church. I don't lie steal cheat so I know where I stand. Remember you to may need the communities help one day. You may need Joe to help you and as far as Christ my son isn't but he is his child and god spared his life on kore thennone occasion so I know where my kids stand as well. May god bless you and your family and I hope you teach your kids better then this. Oh and do you talk to your mother with that mouth. God is good and I will always stand because I have him. Thanks again Joe and those who helped in any way. Remain blessed, Karen Wilson yes I said my name and address take care

Anonymous said...

1:47 PM

Try not to get too upset. There will always be morons spewing crap out of their mouth they know nothing about.

Anonymous said...

Yes and where were you on court on june 9th. Why do you drive your vehicle with a suspended and revoked license. Why did you go to the local church and ask for money around christmas time and the next week you were driving a cadillac escalade. Why do you have more vehicles and have gone through more vehicles in 6 months than my friends have in 10 years. Why do you have people that knock on your door, wait outside your residence, get a small package and leave all day and night. I promise its not the ice cream man. The only person your out for is yourself. P.S. what a liar she is, her son is definitely not special needs. I see him playing on my street which sits behind washington. Riding his bike, running, playing football. Maybe if he was a special needs child he would not have been skateboarding when he did this now would he. Yes Karen, GOD does see everything, and i am sure he has seen enough of you and your ways.

Anonymous, and do you want to know why?? I want my family to be safe and not harrassed by you or threatened by you in any way like you do everyone else on your street!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that karen and her family are great people, weall need to reamember that no one is perfect, and we all have a past, from when we were younger, Karen you and yourfamily are in my prayers Mrs, Lydia