Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Twenty Years Ago Today

My oh my how time flies. Yes, that is Joe Albero shooting pool against the one and only World Champion Mike Sigel. For you youngsters who may not recognize who Mike Sigel is, lets just say I still have a full head of hair. However, no one can ever say Mike Sigel isn't the greatest professional pool player ever to play the game.

In this particular match, I won. Yes, I can take that to my grave but believe me, that didn't happen often against Mike. At one time, Mike and I were the only professional players from the state of Maryland.

It cracks me up today when I listen to people talk about playing pool and being in major tournaments. Then it comes out, they're on the Bud Light Bar Leagues. Some even made it as far as Vegas. While I think its great that so many enjoy the game of pool and get involved in amateur pool leagues, nothing compares to the Pro Tour and playing across America on a regular basis.

Oh well, those days are long over for me but have I got some stories to tell.

2 comments:

tmills said...

So tell some.

Jal said...

we have some of the best times playing pool on wed. nits at the eagles and never met any pros and we can tell stories to