Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Marriage

A woman's husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months, yet she had stayed by his bedside every single day.

One day, when he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.


As she sat by him, he whispered, eyes full of tears, 'You know what?

You have been with me all through the bad times.

When I got fired, you were there to support me.

When my business failed, you were there.

When I got shot, you were by my side.

When we lost the house, you stayed right here.

When my health started failing, you were still by my side...

You know what Martha?'

'What dear?' she gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth.

'I'm beginning to think you're bad luck....'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Names Have Been Changed To Protect The Innocent"

Anonymous said...

Ungrateful old goat!

Anonymous said...

No, just stupid for staying with the jerk, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I like saying silly things. Things that are hilarious for story telling later.

My wife was in labor for about 16 hours or more trying to deliver our son.

I stayed by her side the entire time. When the "time" was drawing near and the delivery team was in the birthing room, I said... "How much longer is this going take... She has to go home and fix me some supper"

As you can imagine, all eyes turned to me and I bet if could read their minds, they were saying.... "You bastard" LOL