Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fruitland Police Department Press Release

DATE & TIME OF INCIDENT: 4/26/2011
TYPE OF INCIDENT: Elder Abuse Investigation Warrant Services
LOCATION OF INCIDENT: Fruitland Police Department
VICTIM: Mary Jane Baker
CASE NO.: 2010-069
ADDRESS: FRUITLAND



Since January, 2010, the Fruitland Police Department and the Wicomico County Department of Social Services, Adult Protection Services Division have been investigating the reported abuse and neglect of elderly person, Mary Jane Baker, age 85.

On Tuesday, April 25, 2011, the Wicomico County State’s Attorney’s Office presented the details of the investigation to the Wicomico County Circuit Court Grand Jury. The Grand Jury issued indictments against the four (4) below listed individuals for the crime(s) of: Vulnerable Adult Abuse / Physical Injury, Neglect and Reckless Endangerment.

  1. George Wilber Baker, age 85
  2. Amy Jane Davis, age 56
  3. Sherry Lynn Mundy, age 63
  4. Michelle Lynn Hundley, age 27

On Tuesday, April 26, 2011, the above mentioned individuals were arrested on the aforementioned Grand Jury Indictments and taken to the Wicomico County Detention Center pending a hearing before a Wicomico County Circuit Court Judge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Fruitland PD was called there the first time. Good job Brian.

Anonymous said...

This doesnt surprise me in the least. I used to be neighbors with these people and their house smelled awful. They were packrats and the grandfather (George/Mary's husband) was a real creeper. He always walked around in a dirty white tshirt with his belly hanging out of the bottom and an unlit cigarette hanging from his lips (BLEH!). Amy and Sherry are free loading sisters that lived with this poor lady. Michelle was just a child when I knew her and her younger sister Crystal. It is sad because they are just a product of the environment they were raised in. This family reminds me of something out of a Rob Zombie flick.

Anonymous said...

I have been told by a source in the Sheriffs office that drug charges are also pending against 2 of the people

Anonymous said...

If your dates are correct, why did it take 15 months to bring about arrest? That would be a story within itself, having an elderly woman suffer 15 months before anyone can decide the family should be arrested.

Anonymous said...

Are these the same bunch of degenerates that were arrested and charged with the same thing about a year ago?

Anonymous said...

its awful wat happened to mrs baker..but to down her husband and her family?how clean and so precious are you?!!..the lady layed bed ridden were she was comfortable and in her home were her husband layed beside her.Then was taken out to a nursing home were she only lived 2 wks..poor lady died heartbroken with out her family next to her!!

Anonymous said...

She lived only 2 weeks after taken from the home 8:08? She was probably taken from the home because she was suffering from massive infections and other ailments brought on by neglect which was the ultimate cause of her death.

Unknown said...

Blah! Blah! @ 8:08...Do your research...the proof is in the pudding. When they found her she was in the fetal position because she has a severe muscular atrophy...which means her muscles hadnt been manipulated in quite sometime for her to end up like that, hence the bedsores. (google it) I certainly hope my husband doesnt curl up in bed next to me and ignore me if I am in that state.


P.S. Precious and clean I am...I would never allow my family to live in squalor. If you read my post before you would know I lived in the same neighborhood which means I am not living high on the hog either. My mother raised me without a lot of money but taught me to be clean and take pride in my home. Just sayin...

Anonymous said...

I know the family and they lost thier Son from Cancer not long ago.. What a Shame..