Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Clothing Ministery

We are Concerned Parents For Kids Corp., a 501C3 non-profit clothing ministery.  We are asking for clean, gently used COATS and clothing for needy children to replenish our supply.  We serve most of the lower shores child support groups as well as schools in Wicomico County thru the Cares Program.  Winter clothing is still in high demand at this time.  We also maintain food pantry.  Monitary donations are always welcome to purchase items we dont normally have (shoes, socks, underwear etc).
Items can be droped off at Cakes by David during normal business hours or call and we can pick up locally. (410 742-1571)
Your donations are tax deductable.
Thank you,
Barbara Wharton
David Wharton

2 comments:

Shannon said...

A few years ago I was having a very hard time and a daughter that seemed to shoot up two clothes sizes over night. I felt like a dead beat parent because I had no idea how to afford new clothes for her. I ended up posting a need help ad and Mrs. Barbara responded to that ad. I was ashamed that I needed help but she never made me feel like I was a bad person or as though she was looking down at me.

Thank you for your help when I needed it Mrs. Wharton! I now run a small clothing charity to try to help those that are having tough times. If you have items to donate I can tell you from experience it WILL go to those that need it if you send it to Mrs. Wharton.

Anonymous said...

Now this is the way it should be. I commend you all. Keep up this important work. Are you watching Salisbury police chief? Cause we're watching you.