Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Social Distortion

WASHINGTON - Facebook is part of the lives of many people. Over the course of the week, I'll take an in-depth look at the social media site and its impact on your life.
 
Below you'll find a quick synopsis of what to expect over the course of the week.
 
Audio for each segment will be posted on the left.
 
I invite you to share your stories -- positive and negative -- about Facebook. Post a comment on the message board or on WTOP's Facebook page
.
Part 1: Who's using Facebook, and how often?
 
Facebook has more than 500 million members who communicate in 70 languages. If the social network was a country, it would be the third largest behind China and India.
 
But Facebook usage among members varies widely. Some people sign up and then rarely use it. Others, including a senior citizen interviewed by WTOP, check it every single day -- multiple times a day.

GO HERE to read more.

1 comment:

LadyLiddy said...

I use facebook to keep in touch with family that is spread over several states. It allows us to communicate on a daily basis with photos and video. It's a wonderful tool for family unity. I know more about my cousins lives now than ever. I love facebook. I keep privacy settings on the highest level possible. I do not hear from anyone that isn't welcome and if I did, I have the option to deny them access. Its a GREAT communication tool!