Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Obamacare Scam

"Let's stop the talk and just look at some facts. The wife and I got our SS checks today.They are $200.00 a month less then they were in Feburary. Reason? We have to pay $2,400/year for Obmama Care. Promblem is I'm retired Army Vet that is covered by the VA and the Wife and I are also coverd by Tri-Care, the military retirement system. We have no use for medicare, never used medicare nor will ever use medicare BUT UNDER PENALITY OF LAW, must pay $2,400/year anyway. How can this possibly in the most warped Democratic thinking, be fair and legal."

Joe Price

5 comments:

aj said...

I'm retired Army and wife is receiving Social Security. There has been no change to our check amounts this year. There are medicare requirements for retired, but nothing has changed this year. Might want to check with your Tricare rep.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely not true. No one has to pay $2400 a year for obamacare. There was no public option, no government run health care option. Only legistlation put in place to further regulate private health care industries. This is the biggest myth thats its some big program we are all gonna get a bill for every month, and that is simply not the truth.

Anonymous said...

I'm paying for social security I'll never get.

Anonymous said...

The amount being deducted for medicare in social security checks is the same for 2011 as it was for 2010.

When one turns 65, Medicare Part A automatically begins. That is the hospital part and has no premium. Part B is the doctor part and if you do not sign to opt out, you are enrolled in that. There is a $110 premium for that part which is deducted from your social security check.

I believe there is a 3 month period before your 65th birthday and 3 month period right afterward that you can opt out.

This has nothing to do with Obamacare.

Anonymous said...

I went on SS Disability a year ago, and will be eligible for Medicare next year, which I do not need due to insurance through my husband. I did find out that you don't have to pay for the hospital part (A?), and if you have other insurance, you can choose not to have the part B, without penalty, if you have prior insurance that you will be keeping. Does anyone else know any more about this; if so please let me know because my Disability is not much and I don't need any taken from it.