Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Maryland Health Insurers Worry About Federal Health Care Reform

Maryland health insurers told legislators Tuesday that federal health care reform would lead to higher insurance premiums, higher administrative costs and put some insurance brokers and agents out of business.

Acting Maryland Insurance Commissioner Beth Sammis told the Joint Committee on Health Care Delivery and Financing that because Maryland already has many of the federal requirements in place before the 2014 timeline for full implementation of the act, “in many areas there will be no change in premiums.”

GO HERE to read more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, this is nothing more than the insurance companies (who are already taking us to the cleaners) to all gang up and use this as another EXCUSE to raise rates.
C'mon people - don't fall for this!
We already know the wealthy elite and the insurance companies run Washington!
Their rate increases have NOTHING to do with implementation of new programs!

Anonymous said...

everyone KNEW it was going to raise prices anyway.

lmclain said...

I work in Maryland. My rates just went up. And I pay over $500 a month for just myself (before the increase)! And THAT'S only HALF the premium (my employer pays the other half). AND THAT'S before CO-PAYS!!! A thousand dollars + for one person EACH MONTH!!? Someone is getting rich, but it ain't me. I guess SOMEONE has to pay for all those "campaign contributions" our state legislators receive....I'm SO SO VERY happy that "in many areas" the price won't go up much....define "many areas" and "much"....I told you before and you can watch and take it to the bank...it doesn't matter which slimeball politician is in office--- "we, the people" are s-c-r-e-w-e-d.