Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starbucks' Prices Going Up

Citing a 13-year high in the price of its coffee beans, plus "significant volatility" in other ingredients like dairy, Starbucks last week said it plans to raise prices on certain "labor-intensive and larger-sized" beverages. The small tall coffee will remain at its current price for now, says the company. I wonder if those truncated menus the company introduced a few weeks ago were really about hiding the least expensive option from consumers, especially since it isn't being included in the price hike?

More »

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who care's? Drink Rise Up Coffee, its 10 times better anyway.

Anonymous said...

I could care less. I enjoy making my own coffee anyway and adding the flavored creamers to my own liking. WaWa has good coffee and creamers too. I'd rather spend my money on going out to dinner or doing something meaningful w/my family anyway.