Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Accident On Naylor Mill Rd.

Dear Joe,

This evening around 8pm turning left off of Zion Rd. onto Naylor Mill Rd. I saw an older light silver/grey minvan fly through the light, turning right onto Zion, and speed off. The vehicle was smoking and damaged.

On Naylor Mill, I came up upon an accident scene. A vehicle had been t-boned, and a family with two little girls were in the car. The front passenger seemed to be the only one with injuries, but the car was totaled. I gave my statement, but wasn't much help without a tag # or actually seeing the accident.

I find myself hoping the police did find the other vehicle, but I thought I'd ask you to post this in case some one else saw the accident or a smoking van speeding down the road in that area...just makes me sick someone could hit a car and flee the scene without a hesitation.

Thanks

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably not. The police are too busy handling shootings and such. Don't you know they are way too understaffed for this petty incident. Sad but true. Face reality people, it's only gonna get worse unless something is done. The "we don't have the money" excuse no longer flies

Anonymous said...

On top of all they they have to be on the look out for texters too. Jeez, the criminal element keeps rising as legislators get more and more bored.

Chimera said...

Well,its worth a shot to "blog" it.Somebody in Salisbury area knows someone with a van like that who recently might have replaced the radiator or busted the grill out.....probably a drunk driver.

Anonymous said...

That is sad. Hope the perpetrator gets caught! Hope all are ok.

Anonymous said...

I was involved in the accident and want to thank the person who posted this. We have not found out who it is but hopefully we will.