Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pick Your Reason

When your friends can't explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick a reason .

10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their
agendas past the voters.

1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my butt that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

I'll keep my Freedom, my God and my Guns... You keep the Change...

Get out and vote November 2nd, 2010!

2 comments:

Tad Callin said...

Feel free to slam the Democrats, but I object to a few of these remarks on other grounds:

10. What I find obscene is that an industry that is subsidized by the U.S. Government would turn around and cry about paying those taxes - which they pass on to the consumer/taxpayer ANYWAY. Anyone voting for Democrats because they think Democrats will change this situation... well, see #1.

9. I don't have a problem paying my taxes because I understand that the Government is my tool for accomplishing things that the market can't accomplish - like building and maintain roads and infrastructure, and trying to provide for the elderly. If you object to government spending on "entitlements" without objecting to defense spending also, you are a hypocrite.

6. If you seriously don't understand the difference between "weather" and "climate", you should not form an opinion on this issue.

5. Since you object to paying to raise those millions of unslaughtered babies, why make them wait until they've grown up and committed a crime?

4. Clarifying question: do you think that "illegal alien" is defined as "brown person who speaks a language besides English"?

2. ...which is perfectly okay for conservative judges?

1. Democrats don't have a lock on the colon-with-no-view. If you actually thought about the issues instead of taking the Fox News bumper sticker view, you might find it easier to fix real problems.

Anonymous said...

Believe this. It comes from an experienced Republican who has used the same material from why one votes Republican. Republicans make the best "Corks" since they can stop the flow of everything, from progress to rational thinking. Go Republican.