Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

OK, Even "I" Think The Republicans Are Losing Their Marbles

NEWS FROM MDGOP

Message from the Chairman:

There is nothing MORE IMPORTANT right now than coming together in unity for the express purpose of beating the Democrats in November! Every reluctant Republican who decides not to participate, to stay home, to not work just as hard in the General as you did in the Primary just helps the Democrats win and the Republicans lose. There is too much at stake not to make the push to Victory and unite behind the winners - enthusiastically, to win on November 2nd. Think redistricting! Think higher taxes! Think jobs! Think charter schools! Think deficit spending! And the list goes on and on.

I have run many times, at least 11 elections, and I have won some and I have lost some. I know it is far easier to win than it is to lose. It hurts to lose and there is an actual grieving process that is difficult to endure. But we do not have time for grieving. We can have all the Pity Parties we want on November 3rd, but, for now, let's all join together and help our candidates WIN. If you have to hold your nose, so be it. Suck it in and exhale VICTORY! We can do it, I know, I've been there and I've done it; more than once. When all is said and done, all I can say is, "You'll be glad you did."

2 comments:

Gregory said...

I'm a registered Republican, a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, very similar to one of those RINOs that so many "real Republicans" revile. Now that you've managed to drum people like me out of the GOP, I'm guessing you don't want *me* to vote this November, do you?

So here's the problem: I am no longer wanted by you, but I don't want to vote for the Democrats, either. What do I do?

Anonymous said...

Here's a suggestion for you, Greg. Why don't you just research the candidates' positions and vote for the one who most reflects your own? Be damned what party they are.