Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Brooke Mulford Update


I just wanted to let everyone know that Brooke made out fine with her bone marrow biopsy today. She was scheduled for 8:30 this morning but they didn’t start the procedure until this afternoon so it was a longer day than I expected. Brooke was very anxious about having the iv put in her hand but she did great when they actually put in in and didn’t even flinch. She has never liked having an iv in her hand since the beginning and never wants anyone to see it and keeps it covered with her blankie at all times. When she woke up from the procedure she was fairly pleasant until she saw that the iv was still in her hand and she had a fit until they could take it out! We won’t know the results from the biopsy for at least a few days and I promise to update as soon as I can.

We were so happy to get to see some of our NB friends today that were in the onco day hospital waiting to get admitted (Please pray for Charlie, Beth & Robyn as they go through their treatments this week).

Thanks everyone so much for all the prayers – my scanxiety has not been nearly as bad as I thought it would be!

God Bless,

Amy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news Amy!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for all of you.

Heather said...

My son and I say prayers every night for Brooke and her friend Wayne from school. Do you have an update on him from his family? We will add Charlie, Beth and Robyn to our prayers! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

As a parent who has had a sick daughter I often went to this verse for comfort:

2 Timothy 1:7- God didn't give us a spirit that makes us weak and fearful. He gave us a spirit that gives us power and love. It helps us control ourselves.

Stay strong ; your God loves you.