Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 05, 2010

Sorry To Disappoint Our Viewers

I'm sure all of you are extremely disappointed in our lack of coverage of Mayor Ireton's umpteenth photo opportunity with the Press. I had to tie my shoes. I had to watch the paint dry on one wall. I could almost swear I saw a blade of grass growing in my front yard, so I had camera in hand to get "the shot."

That being said, my schedule just wouldn't allow me to be present for this event of shaking hands and I already have photos of Mr. Ireton smiling and waving to people. Maybe I'll just dig up one of those and fake it.

So please forgive us for not blowing the gas money to driving all the way into Salisbury at the risk of being killed. Maybe there's a shot of it on Google Earth?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would just be a waste of time anyway. He is nothing more than a laughingstock to most of the community. The slumlords and ganstas run Salisbury - everyone knows that. That is why anyone with the means, has fled to the county. I pity the ones that are left behind.

Anonymous said...

Oh puke, I'd much rather see a picture of your grass growing to be honest.

Anonymous said...

A neighbor that lives nearby said he heard 15 shots within 3 minutes.

Unknown said...

So, what color was the paint?

joealbero said...

onemomwhoisbusy, You know what. I got so busy watching, I forgot.

Anonymous said...

It's action packed photo ops like this that allows me the time to do the important things in life. Now back to getting that staple out of my shoe.

Anonymous said...

319, get your lime down now, then seed after the next rain.

Anonymous said...

Heard there were cops there too and everyone was passing out flyers door to door and asking questions. Maybe there was more to it than a photo opp?

Anonymous said...

Give the man a chance, will you all? I don't know what he'll do, but you're knocking him awfully quickly! Hey, here's a novel idea - why don't we all support him for a year and see what happens? You people are all so critical - can you do better?