Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, February 19, 2010

I Bought A Car!!!!!


I just bought a car, thanks to the most wonderful people I have EVER met at Pohanka!

They did everything but roll out a red carpet for me! After connecting with Sandy Fitzgerald, she started the ball rolling and said, " We will put you in a car."

Sandy was out sick so she called me to tell me who my new contact person would be.

There was excellent communication the entire time! It was Cathy Newell. Cathy also kept me informed as to what was happening. Then the prospective finance company called me with a few questions and within less than 10 minutes said,
" I am going to approve this for you. Were you confortable with your past car payment? I replied, yes, it was always in my budget. He said, Ok, we are going to keep it that way for you." Next call was from Cathy again and saying, we have what we think is the perfect car for you!" This was this past Wed. night. She said how about we pick you up Friday from work with the car and let you test drive it and see what you think and if you like it, it can be yours! Mind you, I had not even seen the car, just knew the make, model and year. I asked the dreaded question...What will my payment be? She floored me when the payment she quoted me was LESS than my previous payment was on my other car for the same time frame! She probably thought I was a nut case because I was astounded! She laughed and said, it's true.

I was called today, Thursday by Chris Hagel who said the car was ready early, did I want him to pick me up today and check it out. Of course I said yes. I drove it for a while and headed back to Pohanka. I was certain I wanted this car. I made the comment as we headed inside, this is the part I hate. Two or more hours of paperwork. He said, no way, I'll have you on your way in 45 minutes. I was like...no way. He said, honest, the paperwork is already done just for that reason. We explain and you sign. He said when his part was done, I would see his wife, Robin for the final paperwork. I admit, they were very efficient and fast.

When we were done, he showed me the time and YES! Less than an hour and I had my keys and driving out!

I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Sandy, Cathy, Chris and Robin!

You all are the BEST and made this nobody special person feel like I was the ONLY customer you ever had! I told them as I was leaving that as long as I had a mouth on my face, I would be one of their best verbal advertisers ever!

I also told them when asked, what prompted me to go to them, Sbynews! I said that I had written in complaining that no one that I had contacted me and Mr. Joe told Sandy and within 10 minutes, she responded!

All I can say is, If you are in the market for a new or used car, give yourself a treat by going there! They are awesome!

Cindy W.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news Cindy! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Cindy. I've bought all 5 of my cars from Chris and he does an EXCELLENT job. He doesn't sell you the car he teaches you how to buy. I've never spent more than hour at the dealership for either car I've bought. In fact he actually bought one of the cars to my office so I could check it out. I know that car salesmen normally get a bad rap but Chris is really on of the GREAT ones!

Justin Case said...

They are just great people to work with. I, too, just bought a car from them and had a wonderful experience.

Anonymous said...

I bought a car there this past year too - they are great! They quoted me a price that was well within my budget and when I signed the paperwork, I found out they had worked out an even better payment! Kudos to them!

Anonymous said...

If I promote their business like you will I get the Joe Albero discount ? wink wink

Kim said...

I agree with the positive post about Pohanka. I have purchased 2 cars from them, they make you feel good about buying a car.