Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom


All my life I'd spend this day sending flowers, cards, making phone calls and wishing one of my very best friends a very Happy Birthday. As I inevitably knew this day would come once again, for the very first time in my life I kinda hoped maybe I'd sleep right through it or maybe it would just go away.


You see, today is Mom's Birthday. For those of you who may not be aware, Mom passed away a couple of months ago. As a Family we gathered on December 27th to celebrate Christmas and that went pretty well. However, today, for some reason, its a bit different. We have chosen once again to meet in Fredericksburg, Virginia to celebrate Mom's Birthday. I don't know how "normal" that is but that's what we have chosen to do. Some of us wanted to head up to the Bronx to visit Mom but it's just too difficult for all of us to get together all the way up there, since much of my Family now lives in Virginia, jobs, you know the drill.


Anyhow, January 11th is a very special day for the Albero's. Happy Birthday Mom.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:
She looks like a jolly, loving, PROUD MOM in this photo. Hang onto memories of fun times with her to get you through the day and know that you WILL meet again.

Anonymous said...

Today, celebrate her life! She will be smiling down on all of you!!! May she RIP!

Anonymous said...

Joe, Your mom was an incredible woman who raised you well. She has a beautiful family. She will be smiling on all of you today. As you expect the holidays are hard. I found the hardest days are my mother's and my father's birthdays and my birthdays. Remember the good times you had and feel blessed that you had such a wonderful mom. Continue to be together as a family because that's what your mom would want you to do. Sincerely, Beth

TDP said...

Joe, I hope you and your family have a safe trip and a wonderful time celebrating your mothers life God Bless

Anonymous said...

Joe she is looking down on you.

Enjoy celebrating her life today and sharing wonderful memories.

I know how hard it is, I lost my mom almost two years ago now but a day does not go by that I dont think about her and miss her terribly. The memories keep me going.

Safe travels to VA.

Melanie

Tara Wancowicz( The Lagoon) said...

Joe,

What is " normal" anyway ? I think it is wonderful that you and your family celebrate your mom's birthday. She would too !
Blessings to you and your family !