Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Salvation Army Had Their Turn, Now Its Mine...


While there are so many people out there to thank, most of them know who they are and would actually be upset with me if I mentioned them by name. You see, this is what being unconditional is all about.

Think about this for a minute Folks. Most locations started 5 days later than they were allowed last year. A huge loss came when they were snowed out on the biggest shopping day of the year. Then, no thanks to Jonathan Taylor and his crew, the Salvation Army was completely removed the last week at Gander Mountain and they caused thousands of dollars worth of damage when I personally could no longer ring the bell at Sam's Club and Wal-Mart.

Oh yeah, they were laughing and enjoying their victory at the time but we moved on and filled in those gaps anyway. Billy Burke from Pocomoke joined Mr. Taylor in their quest to have me removed from Sam's Club and Wal-Mart stating that an interracial couple walked out the door and stated I called them a (N-Word) loving whore. That's right Folks, that is exactly what they posted and claimed.
Mind you, ANY man would have had their butt kicked right then and there but as ALL of you know me, I'd NEVER use that kind of language or make any such mentioned statement. In fact, my own Brother is married to an interracial woman to whom I absolutely love and adore. That didn't stop Wal-Mart and Sam's Club from having to make an instant corporate decision after receiving numerous phone calls with such a lie.

I wasn't going to say anything during the bell ringing season but now it's out there for you to see. Mr. John Robinson continued to go to the Salvation Army through phone calls and personal visits demanding they stop associating with me, even AFTER a Judge told him just days before that I could easily sue him for interfering like that. Funny thing is, Robinson didn't fill in ANY of the open slots I would have filled.

That being said, YOU made this happen. Granted, being a bell ringer deserves a TON of credit. However, without YOUR donations, especially in the toughest economy this Country has ever experienced, the Salvation Army came out way ahead of last year and once again, they did NOT have to pay a single person to ring the bell, as they had done for so many years in the past.

So from me to ALL of YOU, God Bless You and Thank You so very much. The challenges this year were against the Salvation Army but because everyone pulled together it was indeed a great success.

To Jonathan Taylor, John Robinson & Billy Burke, try spending your time doing some good for the community instead of posting lies and obsessing over one person. In fact, try volunteering some of your own time and helping your own community. Trust me, (this post proves it) it really feels good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO, JOE!

TDP said...

Joe , you should pat yourself on the back . This was the first year I was a bell ringer , and I owe it all to you and your blog . You inspired me to do the right thing . THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

This is now one of our family traditions during the holiday season. Some of my friends heard me talk about it and signed up and rang as well. Its contagious,watch out! I can't think of a better way to celebrate the holiday season and im looking forward to ringing next season! Thanks for the inspiration,Joe.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome news. This is also in your face and take that. Thank you Joe for what you do. You are part of the MSM here whether they like it or not. The upcoming year will be a great one for you. Don't worry about the others. They are just jealous. No matter what they do or say, we know that you will tell us the truth whether we like it or not. I know that when you lay your head down at night you can say that you did the right thing. They just look like a bunch of clowns.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan Taylor and his band of hatefilled people are still hard at it. It wasn't enough for them to gloat over shutting you out of Sams and Walmart and having Gander Mountain pull out completely. Now they have begun a campaign to have Captain Henderson removed from his position. These people are the epitome of all that is wrong in Salisbury.

Bad Dog said...

Well said Joe. People like Jonathan and Robinson believe they are the conquerers and have set things right. They've made a name for themselves in a bad way. Taylor is nothing to worry about. Hi viewers are so few its hardly worth the site. He maintains it to boost his ego and talk to himself. I refuse to buy anything from Robinson and tell everyone to take their business elsewhere. His business isnt that good that he can afford the loss. I guess the common denominator here is a low I.Q. Both are a poster children for the Obama regime.

Anonymous said...

Funny thing, Robinson will be the first to tell you how much money he donates to every charity out here.

Anonymous said...

Bad Dog, you really should proof read your comments when you mention the low I.Q. of others.