Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Daily Times Gets The Scoop On The Foxwell's, So What?

In today's Daily Times, one Reporter clearly spent a lot of time getting detailed facts on the Foxwell Family, Jennifer and Tom, the Parents of Sarah Foxwell.

Here's what I feel about this matter. While they were spending so much of their time digging for a National Enquirer Story on the Family, I highly doubt any of MY readers had a problem knowing if all of the children were living with their Aunt, clearly there was some serious issues with the biological Mother and Father.

However, the Daily Times knows NOTHING about the real issues and guess what, I'm still not telling anyone. I do not owe it to my readers because the real story is an 11 year old child was brutally murdered. Could the murder have been avoided, I highly doubt it.

Anyone who has ever met Thomas Leggs can tell you, (as they have told me time and time again) no one would have ever suspected this guy was capable of such a heinous crime.

I'm sorry Folks but using this Family and today's story to sell their most expensive Sunday Paper is complete crap. Trust me on this one, IF the Daily Times knew the entire story, (rather than just court records) it would be one thing. However, they know nothing, (believe me when I tell you that) and although I could publish incredible detailed information, FOR WHAT!

Oh, I know some will come back and say, your just jealous the Daily Times out scooped me. NO, if you felt that way you'd be greatly mistaken and while the Foxwell Family reads this Post, they know that ALL of the information shared with Joe Albero stays with Joe Albero and does NOT get published.

Because they, (the Daily Times) has now become so predictable, next Sunday they'll expose the information of just how Sarah was murdered. Again, information I personally refuse to expose in any way, shape or form. Do we owe it to the community, absolutely not.

All I can tell you is this. ANY time anyone has come forward to raise money for the Family, I have been first in line to shut it down. If you want to participate in a fundraiser towards a secured trust fund for the children's education in the future, so be it. However, If ANY money is accessible to ANYONE other than the children, that's a complete waste. Both Mother and Father are not worthy of a single penny and that's all that needs to be said.

It saddens me that the Daily Times would stoop that low to produce such an article today. It clearly tells me they are desperate. The child is gone, quit trying to make money off such a tragic event. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm too close to this story. However, it is how I personally feel and let me close with this statement.

Because I know as much as I do, one thing is for sure, I will NEVER be the same. I would never wish on my worst enemy such information. I pray each and every day for ALL of the Officers and ALL of those who know what I know. I consider myself a pretty strong man who has stood up to quite a lot in my lifetime. This information destroyed a part of me I can't even explain or put into words. Time can heal many wounds but this one will last forever.

Again, I thank each and every one of those who volunteered, no matter how big or small. There is a whole lot more to what the Daily Times put out there today but just trust me, it's not worth discussing. These children have enough on their plate and I personally tip my hat to the Aunt who is caring for these children. Will it ever change their biological parents, from what I've seen the answer is absolutely not. That's the crying shame of it all. I hope they read this article and I hope it smacks them right in the face.

Move on Folks. Your money is NOT going to fix the problems they have. Start supporting the CAC, (Child Advocacy Center) and put good money after good money. Call your Delegates, Senators, Congressmen and tell them you want stronger laws against such heinous crimes and sex offenders and tell them if it doesn't happen immediately they will NOT get your vote. You want to do something positive for Sarah Foxwell, make that call or write that letter.

If ONE of you has children and YOU have not done so, think about what kind of parent you are. Then think about the fact that this would take very little time out of your life, yet make a huge difference for children, especially your own. Money is not needed to hire lobbyists. Shame on any Parent who doesn't make that call or draft that brief letter.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joe. I strongly agree with you. I actually wrote a nasty comment to them first thing this morning letting them know that they were acting like a trashy magazine. I pray for that family. The loss of Sarah has forever changed all of us. I'm just glad that you are doing the honorable thing and I respect you for that. I am pissed at the Daily Times. The only thing it's going to do is hurt the family that much more. Idiots. They are freaking idiots.

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Thank you for taking the family into consideration and also not posting the details about Sarah's last moments. In my opinion, I think the focus needs to be on Leggs, and laws to protect children from people like him. The only way this community will heal is for us to find some positive outlet to honor Sarah's memory. I did not know her and don't know the family, but this has touched everyone. The knowledge that she was taken, abused and murdered is haunting enough without gruesome details. To be honest, I read your blog as well as the "other" blog, but after seeing the story posted on that website this morning, I will no longer be reading it, sometimes, people just go too far and enough is enough.

Anonymous said...

The Daily Times should change to the Daily Waste. It's a shame that they are wasting space by printing information we can all get from court records online. That we all already knew. They should be printing about whats going on now and what we can do to help this not happen again! Everyone has had there problems and or has a family member who has problems. I don't see everyone listing everything they have done wrong in there lives. The fact is that the parents screwed up there once chance at having a normal happy family. The aunt has done everything she could to take care of those kids. I would like to know how many of you would take in 6 kids?! People need to stop discussing the parents and wasting time on them who cares about them? They weren't around. It's apparent they didn't care enough about there children to clean them selves up to take care of them. I give huge Kudos to Amy. Taking in 6 kids is huge!

The question is ...What are you going to do to help make sure these 5 kids have a chance at a future and what are you going to do to help make sure it doesnt happen again?

Anonymous said...

Good article

FWIW: "Heinous" not "hannis"

Anonymous said...

I told Mike Lewis what i'm going to say to you Joe. "I don't want to know the details of her death." We all have some understanding of what happened to that child. We've heard the rumors. I don't need anymore. I don't want anymore.

I want justice for Sarah - period.

joealbero said...

Right Coast, have YOU contacted your legislators? I know that's a stupid question but one I have to ask.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeedy Joe....all the time! and this issue is one that needs a community effort in that charge. I'd like to see a more organized effort to make sure that happens. We've done a lot as a community and in our organization to make sure we are heard in DC and as you know, AFP will be in Annapolis Wed 1/13 to make out voices heard. A loud cry for justice for Sarah will be made that day.

Anonymous said...

Joe the MSM needs to juice up the pot to "sell" their papers,and for people to watch their TV stations. One local tv station quoted the ex wife of leggs in an off camera interview. There was no off camera interview, I know this for a fact. Believe me, I am not defending any MSM, but I truly believe that the MSM is largely resonsible for our nations economic downfalls. They dig and dig to find anything that will get people to watch or read, stretching to truth paper thin and adding little bits to juice up the story. Our security measures in the country shouldn't be shared with anybody, media or not. Nobody can be trusted anymore. In the other side, the public needs to be reminded of the brutality that was committed on little Sarah, and yes you are right, contact and continue to contact our legislators that can change our inferior laws. Our Nation is out of control. People have no morals. Life is taken like it has no value. Violence on tv whether it is fiction or real life is what our children see everyday. Star Football players carry guns,and fight dogs and still get paid millions of dollars and get treated like celebrities! Where is our Nation headed? cj

Anonymous said...

WHY do the people of this area still support the Daily Times? The article they had today on the family of a murdered little angle had to be their attempt at news. They have absolutely lost their minds. The newspaper they print now is at best only good for the bottom of a cats liter pan. What good does the article they have published do. This kind of crap publishing should encourage all of their patrons to drop them first thing tomorrow morning.At a time when this family needs support and comfort from the community around them The Times tries to destroy them SHAME ON YOU THE DAILY TIMES.

Anonymous said...

I can't quite get a grip on what the Times was trying to do in this morning's story. After giving it a lot of thought, if they intended to edify the readers with what they saw as a family situation that predisposed violence and psychological harm, they missed the mark by miles. Instead, it read as a cheap shot at a family that was doing the best it could under the unfair pressures created by one female member who had multiple psychological issues and extended multiple substance abuse.
The psychology of the events leading up to Sarah's would have been a much more interesting, engaging and informative story, one that would have been useful to all those who are even marginally involved with families who exhibit such behaviors. It could have been a story that helped, rather than the trailer park expose' that it was.
Such is the quality of our daily newspaper. I feel a deep sense of embarrassment that this paper is considered representative of who we are here.

Anonymous said...

On Saturday - December 26th I went to buy a paper and could only shake my head at the difference between the headline on the Sun vs. the Daily Disappointment. If you looked at those two rags and compared the insensitivity of the Times "Child Found Dead" vs. "Body of Missing Child Found" is like night and day. The Sun was to inform a waiting public the Times to show it's ignorance.

Anonymous said...

Joe....the Dt did not get any scoop here. Everything they wrote was common knowledge to anyone who wanted to know. Anyone who so desires to know the details of how Little Sarah spent her final minutes in this life is as sick as that Monster who killed her. My heart goes out to law enforcement, her Aunt, her grandfather, her siblings and anyone who was close enough to the investigation that do know the details....it surely is a nightmare I am sure. Kudos to you Joe for know where to draw the line..something the DT knows nothing about.

Anonymous said...

Your response made the hair on my arms raise. I'm very thankful that the details of this case are being kept tight. I continue to pray for the men and women who know the details of this case due to their role in law enforcement. Their lives will forever be changed by this as well.

Anonymous said...

I agree that at this point the details of the family and their dysfunction really doesn't serve a purpose. In most cases, when a child isn't with a biological parent or parents, you can assume there are issues. Regardless, a child is gone that shouldn't be. Taken in the most heinous of fashions by a raging monster. Its important not to forget this precious child and the community that rallied on her behalf, but the shameless digging into the family situation at this point accomplishes nothing. Everyone's efforts now should be focused on ensuring this child didn't die in vain. Working to make sure that something good comes of this terrible nightmare. Tougher laws, mandatory length in sentencing, and most importantly, having the death penalty as an achievable outcome in these case. Its time to focus on talking with our government representatives and securing the legislation we need to protect our children. The daily times has done nothing with this "scoop" they published today. Articles like that keep us going backwards and losing time in the battle against these predators. We have to move forward and if we can do that, then we will have the memory of this wonderful child to thank for it.

Anonymous said...

I am completely done with the Daily Times. It's pure sensationalism to run that story. I hope they are ashamed of themselves for continuing to kick this family while they are down. Where was this "investigative journalism" when someone called with a story for them? And I dare anyone who is criticizing the family to actually do something to help the family or help a family that is in a similar situation. (I'm sure you don't have to look far. )That would make you feel way better about yourselves than sitting in judgement.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you whole heartedly. I saw one of the Sheriff's office ranking officers this week, and worked with him for over 17 years. I can tell you that those men& women have also been changed for the rest of their lives.The look in his eyes said it all, and he said that this is the hardest thing he has ever had to deal with in his career. I do hope that the chaplains at that agency has had some counseling sessions for these officers. I will continue to pray for them because I personally know the memories they will carry from this horrible crime. Joe you are also in my prayers because you to know the story......

TDP said...

As I sit here and wonder what The Daily Times purpose was to put ink to paper about all the things that have been - i ask (anyone and everyone ) does it change the out come . I have ask myself that very same question , and i believe NO !! The person to blame is Thomas Leggs Jr - no one else . I have not met the perfect parent ( I think they think i have ) but the bottom line we try the best we can with what we have ,and for the most part it works .If we stay focus on the issue at hand our sweet Sarah Haley Foxwell we will all see what needs to be done .

Anonymous said...

What is worng with the Daily Times? What a cheap lousy story, put the victim and family out there like that. Have they no shame? Sorry reporting bunch of idiots.

Anonymous said...

A differing opinion, I was interested in knowing more about Sarah's family. I am interested in past incidents and knowing how it was that social and judicial services failed these children. Understanding how this family failed the children, what response was made, and what/and who failed and why. Much like Delaware is doing with regard to the pediatrician. What failed, a top down review! Or are we saying that every family best look after their own because a top down review, a study would not provide a solution?

Anonymous said...

This may sound like a silly question, but can someone please post the address to contact the Legislators?

Anonymous said...

7:41 - regardless of what the search finds from the top down, the fact of the matter is this - Thomas Leggs was much like a hawk. So he waits from afar and chooses his prey. The hawk didn't dare choose a strong healthy rabbit to prey on, but a weak, sick rabbit. So the family had issues. We all do in some sort of manner. The children were with the aunt. This placement was perfectly acceptable. The problem comes down to the hawk - ever so diligent on choosing the right prey. This could have been any one. Put the blame where the blame belongs. You want to search from the top down -- search Leggs from the top down. The family does not deserve the scrutiny in a time of mourning. Shame on the Daily Times. Blame the SUSPECT not the VICTIM, people!

Anonymous said...

Contact Norm Conway first. Start at the local level and work your way up to state. Don't waste the effort going straight to the federal level.

Anonymous said...

Sister paper The News Journal (Delaware Online) ran a huge story on Dr. Bradley in Lewes on the same day. Perhaps there is now an editorial decision from the owners of the paper, rather than the local reporters, to make all Gannett papers more "sensational." Gannett is in deep financial trouble and they seem to be aiming for the National Enquirer reader.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, do any of us reeeeeally want to know the gory details? Once you learn them, you can't ever erase them as much as you would like to. Knowing the details will do nothing but harm for all of us, and will certainly do nothing to heal the situation. Just pray for her siblings and family. And keep your own kids close by your side... and don't buy the Daily Times til they stop running this awful story.

Chimera said...

As I was reading the Times article and they were naming the childrens fathers I realized I knew the family.My husband used to work with the father of the youngest kids.The one thing I can say is that they seemed to be overwhelmed because she had so many children for such a young woman.Her parents were very supportive and did all they could for those kids.For whatever reason the marriage didnt work out and that started the demise of this family.The mothers family desperately tried to keep the kids together and the public needs to know that.Experts cant be wrong,when you have a fractured family with multiple absentee fathers and then throw in substance abuse,there are alot of issues.

Stoker said...

The men need to keep their pants up and buckled and the women need to place a quarter between their knees and hold it there and then just maybe no unwanted children will be born.