Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Evolution Craft Brewing

I first want to tell you I have been following your news site for a while. I first read your highlight of Evolution Craft Brewing in Delmar, several months ago. I finally made time to get up there and check it out. What can I say... WOW! I love the smell of a brewery, as a former home brewer. The smell of the barley and hops is amazing. The owners are quite friendly and knowledgeable. Needless to say, I had the sampler (their 4 brews), which is normally $5, and left there with a growler (1/2 gallon) of their Rise Up Stout (no charge for the sampler since I purchased the beer). This is an amazing brew! The notes of espresso, and for a stout... Very palatable. Not a bit harsh! I highly recommend any beer lover to check out Evolution Craft Brewing! Oh! And I got to keep the sampler glass!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! I tried the brewery this weekend too and walked out with 2 growlers! The LUcky 7 Porter is great but the Rise Up Stout is awesome! Can't wait to try their Pumpkin when it comes out! Although I'm not sure it can compare to Dogfish's! Great job guys!

Moon Willow said...

Hubby and I have some vacation time coming up--thanks for the reminder! We will definitely check it out since we'll be off during the day. I do love a good stout. Dogfish head makes a great pumpkin ale, and so does Saranac.

How long does a growler stay fresh?

Anonymous said...

A great local brewery on the rise! I've tried the stout and the porter and agree with Joe... great beer!

Anonymous said...

Grannydragon - they told us the growler will stay fresh for about 5 days but we only gave it 2 days before it was all gone!

Anonymous said...

Not to worry how long the growler will stay fresh....1) open it, 2) drink it....elapsed time < 2hours.

Unknown said...

I have had it last for 2 weeks. All I did was tighten the lid well. If it fizzes when I open the bottle, I consider it to still be ok.

steve said...

Great place, great beer and great people-nuff said!