Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

S.C. Retiree Is $260 Million Powerball Winner


Former state employee says he doesn't think the money will change him

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A retired South Carolina state employee who spent two bucks on the lottery last week is the winner of a $260 million Powerball jackpot.

Solomon Jackson Jr., of Columbia, refused Tuesday to say much about himself or his plans, including whether he will take his winnings annually over three decades or in a $129 million lump sum.

Jackson did reveal he was an assistant supervisor for the state Revenue Department who retired in 2000. He said he is married but would not say how many children he has.

GO HERE to read more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would pay everyone in my families homes off for them. Then what was left I would sign over to my wife. A test if you will, can you imagine living with me.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that she has earned every dime of it.

Anonymous said...

Bet he still uses that medicare drug plan.

Anonymous said...

I would donate it to the Salisbury Fire Department. They could go on quite a few fishing trips with it. NOT!!!

Anonymous said...

Should give out about 40,000,000 to 40 people. people who work and are american citezens.