Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Brooke Update



It is day +2 from Transplant and Brooke is doing well. Most of her issues at this point are related to the Mucositis (mouth pain, vomiting & diarrhea). I have noticed today that she is becoming weaker and is having difficulty standing up without assistance. I’ve requested a tub seat for her daily showers and I am hoping that she will be getting PT & OT 3X/week to work on her strength and endurance (last transplant she only had PT & OT 1X/week).

Saturday Brooke enjoyed a visit from Nana and they played for hours together while I got to do laundry & eat and Sunday Aunt Jenn drove here from Fairfax, VA to spend some time playing with Brooke and to give me a break (again I did laundry & ate)! If you are wondering why I am doing laundry every day it’s the only way that she can have her blankie and stuffed animal while in transplant (they have to be washed daily). There is NO way she could go without them for 1 month. Her other 2 stuffed animals have to remain in a Ziploc bag on her bed until we go home.

Well that’s about all to report at this time. I want to thank Becky & Mrs. Clarke for their visit tonight as well (and for bringing me dinner)!

As always thank you so much for your prayers and messages of encouragement.

God Bless,

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, keep up the fight. The hard part of this hospital visit is over. Now you've got to get strong and come home. We miss that beautiful smile of yours.

Chimera said...

God bless you too Amy.