Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Johnson's Feed & Seed Delivers - AGAIN




Sbynews,

Previously I sent an email touting the high level of customer service at Johnson's Feed & Seed. I also mentioned they promised to call me when their Fall vegetable plants arrived. True to their word, Ann called me this past Friday afternoon letting me know the plants had just arrived. I went over today (Sunday) and picked up broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage plants. They also had red kale, collards and head lettuce plants available for fall planting. Any of you avid gardeners looking for fall veggie plants, Johnson's Feed and Seed has them.

I've attached a picture of the plants to show they are not the limp, wilted plants you might find at the big box stores. The plants are grown by a local grower, not shipped in from who knows where. These folks are tops in my book.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann is the best! Kudos to them...

o said...

So I shouldn't have planted my broccoli in the spring (late)? I only got one little head off it, now I'm just fighting bugs. I'm not much of a gardener; any help on this and spinach? (my two favorites)

Anonymous said...

Johnson Seed and Feed rocks! They are the best when it comes to dog food too! They are very helpful and have lots of dog food to chose from. I buy as much from them as possible. They luv to see me come in....

Doc Hook said...

I arrived at the store an hour after it closed, not knowing the hours. The owner saw me pull in, asked what I needed (a few cans of Verus dog food), and graciously opened the store. That is truly great customer service. I cannot say enough nice things about Johnson's.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how they will try to screw them out of their property?

Anonymous said...

I plant broccoli in spring and fall. Set it out as soon as you can work the soil in fall (early March) put a row cover over it to keep frost from getting it.

afterthegoldrush said...

Randy Johnson,an old friend of mine,took over that business many years ago and instilled that concept of service. The new owners have wisely continued it.

Anonymous said...

Afterthegoldrush, I agree, you can't beat their service. I'll continue to spend my money there until I can't.

Anonymous said...

Most of the employees that work there now, were hired by Randy. He never had to put an ad in the paper, they came to him by word of mouth. Good employees are hard to find. Great service, products and employees! They have the whole package!

2~9~17 said...

I have always had luck planting spinach around labor day weekend. This gives you a good fall crop because it is just in time for the storms to start bringing in good rains and the cool nights. Spinach contains the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthinv which benefits the eyesight more so than carrots. And yes~the employees at Johnson's are great. Shannon is the best!