Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Grilled Coyote???

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing like 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, 'That's a coyote.'"

"It just started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I was like, 'I wonder where it went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.'"



28 comments:

Reconciled1 said...

This woulda never happened to the Roadrunner beep beep

Anonymous said...

that's terrible

Anonymous said...

I read the story before the picture loaded. I thought it was going to be a joke. YUCK.

Anonymous said...

nice reporting. now does he have to eat it?

Anonymous said...

Now that's Coyote Ugly! LOL

Anonymous said...

Would YOU want to eat it Anon 2:37?

Anonymous said...

joe - do the right thing and post a link to the pictures! a lot of people don't want those kind of pictures out there. seriously!

Anonymous said...

Gross Joe. Much better if you gave warning or link to the images and allow the readers the option to view them.

Orsonwells said...

I wonder how many G's that is!

Anonymous said...

These pictures were totally inappropriate without a warning so they could be avoided. I guess Michael Vick views your web page.

Anonymous said...

Elmer Fudd would be proud

Anonymous said...

Joe, you don’t need a link for the pictures. Most of the time the one’s that act offended are rubber neckers anyway. They want to see the blood and guts if they can.

Anonymous said...

Never saw that comin'!

Anonymous said...

Oh please...you didn't know when you were reading the article what the pictures would be?
It's an ANIMAL. This type of thing happens quite regularly with dogs, cats and deer. It's not like the guy hit a child!

Anonymous said...

U people complaining are weak! I'm sure you see worse on TV all the time.

Anonymous said...

Lighten up, Francis!! It's just a joke!! I gotta say, the roadrunner comment is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Disgusting. Purely distasteful.

Anonymous said...

That is what I call raod kill. See what happens when you mess with a car going fast. Road Pizza

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Gotta tell ya. I'm a little disappointed in this. You should have given us a warning with the link. That's just nasty.

Anonymous said...

Stop all you whining babies out there.
I don't want warnings and links!
GROW UP!

Anonymous said...

It's one thing if you check the site at home... but when I keep tabs on the news during the WORKDAY it is not appropriate!

Anonymous said...

Anon619 - maybe if you had a job you would understand.

racemom said...

You all need to get over yourselves. It was quite obvious when reading the story and scrolling down, there was a picture loading. You could have chose to scroll past the pictures, or act offended and scroll slowly to the next article to get a glimpse so that way you could get on here and complain. Why don't you get out there and use you voice or comments for something productive?

Next PETA will be wanting to ban Nascar racing due to the possibility of this happening again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's worse than the time my raccoon got caught in the copier!

Anonymous said...

Joe, shhhh. Keep this quiet. PETA will be all over NASCAR.

Chimera said...

Its not like he can swerve to avoid when he is going 200

Bill said...

Wow, I think I threw up a little, a warning at least would have been nice, I didn't expect to see a picture of that there, I thought it was a joke at first too...come on Joe you know better than that...

Anonymous said...

Aw c'mon!
I too, read it thinking it was a joke and was disturbed by the sudden picture.
As little as I like coyotes, I found this hard to take...

Please Joe, a little warning or post as a link.