Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Child Found Wandering Along A Busy State Highway


Location: Rt 896, 2000 block of South College Ave, Newark, New Castle, DE

Date of Occurrence: August 24, 2009 at 1030 a.m.

State police are investigating how a 3 year-old boy wandered away from his daycare and ended up on a busy New Castle County highway.

Troopers were called to the area of Rt 896 near Four Seasons Parkway this morning when passing motorists found a child walking along the highway. Troopers were able to determine that the child had wandered away from a daycare located in the area.

The child was unharmed and was returned to the facility.

State police are continuing the investigation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope the parents of that child were called. I sure as hell would not let my child back there. The heck with a contract see you in court.......It seems to me that some of these daycare providers should have their licenses revoked. My heart skipped a beat wondering what if??????

Anonymous said...

wow where is the supervision of these kids? That child is lucky they didn't get hurt. I agree I think I would have to sue them.

Chimera said...

896 is a very busy road,God was looking out for that little boy.So why wasnt the sitter?