Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 21, 2009

ASPIRIN

TO ALL AGES. EVEN THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NOW NEARING ONLY 50!!

I HAD NO IDEA YOU SHOULD NOT LAY DOWN.


Why keep aspirin by your bedside?

About Heart Attacks

There are other symptoms of an heart attack

besides the pain on the left arm.

One must also be aware of an intense pain on the chin, as well as nausea and lots of sweating, however these symptoms may also occur less frequently.

Note: There may be no pain in the chest during a heart attack.

The majority of people (about 60%) who had an heart attack during their sleep, did not wake up. However, if it occurs, the chest pain may wake you up from your deep sleep.

If that happens, immediately dissolve two aspirins in your mouth and swallow them with a bit of water. CALL 911 do NOT lie down

Unlock the front door

Afterwards:

- phone a neighbor or a family member who lives very close by

- say "heart attack!"

- say that you have taken 2 aspirins.

- take a seat on a chair or sofa near the front door, and wait for their arrival and... do NOT lie down

A Cardiologist has stated that, if each person, after receiving this e-mail, sends it to 10 people, probably one life can be saved!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I die from the heart attack before they find me, can I lie down or do I still have to wait?

ocdmbfan said...

anonymous 8:16 - that is not funny... :(
i lost my fiance at 34 to a heart attack... now i wonder if he could have been saved if i had made him stay upright... :(

Anonymous said...

anon 8:16 That will be for the Government to decide, just keep standing or sitting until told otherwise.

Anonymous said...

why not lie down?

joealbero said...

ask your doctor.

Anonymous said...

None of this is funny, my doc has me on one baby asprin 81 mg a day.This helps my blood for better flow through my arties and heart.

Anonymous said...

MY concern lies with the don't lie down part of it... I am an EMS provider and in 9 years I have never been told to tell a patient suspected of a MI to not lay down.. hell it's the accepted way to transport all patients.

Either someone forgot to tell me this, and every other provider I have worked with, or it's BS... You be the judge...

Anonymous said...

left lateral trendelenberg? no?