Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 18, 2009

The City/County Auction










Man, you talk about junk! Pete Richardson certainly had his hands full when it came to the City/County auction this past Saturday!

Municipalities don't unload items like they used to. In today's economy they use everything until there's next to nothing left use wise out of it. However, the Ford Ranger Pickup Truck the City had scheduled for this auction was pulled by Mayor Ireton because it only had 50,000 miles on it and it just made no sense to get rid of it. The County, on the other hand, had a Mazda P/U Truck there with 50,000 miles on it and I'm sure someone got a great buy out of that vehicle.

I stuck around because there were 6 very heavy duty park benches at the sale and I was determined to get them to place around our ponds here at the Albero Ranch. I was successful in my bid and came home with the prize.

As you can see from some of the pictures I've provided, I look at the station wagon and I think, yep, old Chiefy See made damn sure this vehicle didn't go to auction this time with all the equipment still on it. Good work Chiefy. Funny part is, every time I see that hunk of crap I can still see Larry Dodd behind the wheel.

I'm sure it was a LONG day for Pete Richardson and company as they had hundreds of bicycles to sell off, tires, rims, desks, chairs like I've never seen before. You know what they say, one man's junk is another mans treasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never saw any mention of this auction on here. Wish I would have known about it.

Anonymous said...

Good for Mayor Ireton for looking out for the people's pocketbook!

50,000 miles and surplused? Ridiculous!!

Shame on the county.

Anonymous said...

I heard that when the city had one a few years ago they had decent cars auctioned off for like $100 - $500 with low miles and good shape because nobody caem out. Advertising is done, but not very well.