Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dave Suiter Checks In With Salisbury News



Hi Folks,

Left Parkersburg, WV this AM. Motel last night did not have Internet access. Gotta' tell you, KNIGHTS INN is cheap but this motel was way above many high dollar places I have stayed at. Very clean and quiet!!

Left P-burg. Cool and breezy until I got to near Cinncy. Bottom fell out for about an hour. Then, SUN!! Was going to make St. Louis but saw a front starting through and got into motel just before a down pour. Forecast here is bad weather tonight, showers in AM then good weather. Will probably leave here around 8-9 local. Averagring easy 440 miles/day.

Had a nice ride Sunday. Rode US 50 all the way except when I got lost in DC.
If you ever get to ride US 50 from Chantilly west to around Romney, go for it. The road goes from 3-2 west of Chantilly and that's where the scenery gets great. The rich mans farms, horse farms, cattle farms, stone fences and beautiful BIG homes setting up on hills. For my friends on the Shore, this would be a great day trip!!
No set schedule. Hope to go through Black Canyon, CO in a few days then to SE UTAH for 3/4 days. Pictures start after Black Canyon.

Dave

Bonus Package:

Hi Folks,

Received email from a friend that asked "don't you get bored with no radio and no one to talk to?". NO! NO!! NO!!

I listen to the sounds in my head, talk to myself (no arguments there),sing Hotel California, Stuck in Lodi again, to Willie "On the road again" and talk to my bike. What?? Talk to your bike!! Bike talks back !! Like in the mountains of WVA, Honda said slow down you dummy!! Still snow along side of road and in the woods!! Seems that they don't use salt on the roads in some counties there. They use GRAVEL!! Honda doesn't gravel especially in sweeping turns.

How can one be bored when stopped at a light in a little town with all of the beautiful old buildings to look at, marvel at the flooding in southern Indiana, a wave from another biker or kid along the road, look up to see an eagle fly, a wave from the old fellow leaning on his cane in Bedford,IN, "rain drops falling on my head" (helmet), etc., etc????

Sure, the comfort of a car has advantages but I feel closer to God and Country on my bike. Rain is a minor bother!! Don't ride in snow :)) !! There is a freedom, a feeling on a motorcycle that you don't experience in a car (cage). Try it, you might like it.

Time to get my motor runnin' again and head west.

Dave

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love reading Dave's messages here--I feel like I'm riding, too!
Keep letting us know where you're heading.

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of your trip goes well!! I was born in Parkersburg, WV but have lived on the Eastern Shore for the last 12 years. WV is such a beautiful place.


Have fun!!

Chimera said...

I am looking forward to "following" your trip-be safe out there and ride on!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!!!

Kenny and Mary said...

Absolutely enjoy your messages.
Have ridden US 50 from Chantilly to Romney and agree it is a great road.
We look forward to reading your experiences. Drive safe and keep the rubber side down.

freddie w. said...

Can't wait to get the Harley out. Safe travels my friend.

Tim Chaney said...

Happy Trails Dave!