Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Traffic Advisory: Multiple Vehicle Crash Involving Injuries

New Castle - At the present time Delaware State Police are on-scene of a physical injury crash involving multiple vehicles. The crash occurred in the northbound lanes of USRT 13 at Cox Neck Road, north of the Summit Bridge. The roadway is presently closed for emergency personnel and for the investigation of this crash.

Motorists are urged to seek alternate routes of travel.

Additional information pertaining to this crash will be released as soon as it becomes available.

Traffic Impact on I-95 to Continue

Location of Incident: I-95 northbound from the Maryland to I-295 eastbound into New Jersey

Date and Time of Occurrence: Friday, March 27, 2009

Resume: Authorities advise the traffic impact on I-95 northbound to I-295 eastbound is to continue for the next 24 – 48 hours. With this, traffic trying to get to New Jersey is expected to be diverted over to Route 13 northbound, from I-95 northbound at Route 1, and then to I-295 eastbound within the hours to come.

Motorists are strongly encouraged to seek alternative routes prior to the detour such as:
I-95 northbound to one of the bridges in Pennsylvania to New Jersey
Route 9 northbound to the Delaware Memorial Bridge
Route 13 northbound to I-295 eastbound and then over the Delaware Memorial Bridge

DelDOT will be handling road closures and detours.

Delaware State Police Corporal Angelia Garnsey will be taking calls for the Delaware State Police for this weekend. She can be reached at 302-270-2683.

No comments: