Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Redneck Divorce

Dear BillyBob,

As you know, my divorce was final yesterday, and in the divorce settlement she was awarded the double-wide mobile home and my pickup truck.

Can you believe it? I expected her to get the double-wide, but having to give her my truck was just more than I could bear.

I had no choice, so as per the court order, I delivered the truck to her before 2:00 PM today. I'm sure gonna miss that truck. Had to get a picture of it before it was gone forever - taped a copy below.

If you need to get hold of me, I'll be staying with
my folks until I can find me a place.


Take care,

Bubba

?

?






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of an old joke:

What do a twister and a Kentucky divorce have in common? Either way, soneone's gonna lose a trailer.

Anonymous said...

I am neither wise, smart nor spiritually enlightened enough to determine which {if any} god truly controls our destiny. But why, oh why, does this god appear to hate mobile homes so much??

Anonymous said...

Something's not right with this picture. What's with the chains and the hooks hanging from the truck?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much Reese Bobby for at least using the term...mobile home. Years ago I lived in one and hated the term trailer. Not once did I ever hook it up to a vehicle and try to haul it on my own. And once you have a concrete foundation, it is no longer mobile either! Unless you have a lot of money...lol

Anonymous said...

5:25. I'm not a rich man either...I've taken "shelter" in even the nicest of mobile homes. However, they are called MOBILE homes for a reason. I would rather channel Bear Grylls and sleep outside in a shelter A-frame I made of bamboo and political incumbent shin bones if I know a storm is coming-at least I won't get killed because the weight of the shelter itself tipped over and crushed me under a pile of Elvis 8 tracks and broken dreams.

For any WKRP fans out there, Dr. Johnny Fever said it best many moons ago:" Look man, I've been in jail in Mexico. My father called me 'whats-his-face' for 17 horrifying years, my second wife tried to kill me with a Ronco Vegenmatic. But my mother and I were in a mobile home once. We were in a mobile home, and i think god must really hate mobile homes, Andy, 'cuz tornados always attack them first-they get very mobile."