Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Good People Of Delmarva

Dear Joe,
Today my son (10) and myself went to a flower shop in Delmar. We were getting roses to put out on his fathers grave. We ask for red roses and we started talking. She then began to tell us about relay for life in Cambridge tonight. Well, my son told her about his father and how he past away in Nov. 08. She was handing the flowers to my son and said no charge. I could only say thank you and are you sure. She reply I'm sure.

As we were coming home I just keep think about how nice of her. What else could I do to help out a great cause. I thought of you Please post this on your web site. I got this from the Dorchester Chamber of Commerce I did call and kids are welcome and you do not need to be a member. Thank you Joe And thank you Flowers by Hearns


March 21, 2009
American Cancer Society Relay For Life Womanless Beauty Pageant
6:00 p.m. doors open, pageant begins at 7:00 p.m. Cambridge Moose Lodge - Moose Lodge Road. Tickets $5.00 each. Be sure to sell all their Beautiful Ladies gracefully show off lingerie, evening gowns and talent. Call Phyllis Weber at 443-521-0828 or Juanite Weber at 443-521-4298. Tickets are also available at Center Market on Race St., or they can be purchased at the Moose Lodge that night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hearns for brightening someone's day in this dismal economy. That takes faith, hope, love, and charity. It's nice to know that stuff is still held important.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Hearns for making me feel good inside about people I don't even know. I'm sure it's the hardest thing in the world for that Mother to take her son to visit his Daddy. I hope what you did helped make today's trip a little easier for her.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if most of the community knows this, but Salisbury University also does a Relay for Life. The event this year is May 1 at 6pm to May 2 at 6am. I'm one of this years co-chairs, and an avid reader of this blog, and I would love for the Salisbury community to come out.

Thanks,
Lauren Friedman

joealbero said...

Lauren, Salisbury News has attended these events for the past 3 years and we do all we can to promote it.

Anonymous said...

they are all verynice at that shop.. i use to date her daughter and they are great people and i encourage people to go there.. they have great quailty of flowers and do really nie work