Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Did YOU Know This?


I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.


Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.


I'm sharing this with my friends. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this. Go check now yourself!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if they can just get the cutting edge to stay on the box it will be a good buy.

Anonymous said...

All I can say... is .. well...thanks. That is so cool to know with my fat finger man hands destroying that box from frustration. One last thing to get yelled at for.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the times that this has frustrated me! I had to walk away from my computer and look. Yup! There it was! One on each end! Mine is locked now...lmao

Anonymous said...

god I am 7 decades olds and never knew about that! Then again I never know what side goes up when using the foil.

Anonymous said...

Here's your sign!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know! Ahhh... the Sunday Comics!

Anonymous said...

No way! I never knew this either. That is one of the small things that makes your life a lot less stressful. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that has been there for years and duh!

Anonymous said...

Careful if you live in Shanie's neighborhood, that will let the roaches in!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious--I never even noticed this!

Anonymous said...

re: which side goes up on foil - it doesn't matter. both cook in the same amount of time

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1135/should-a-baking-potato-be-wrapped-in-foil-shiny-side-in-or-shiny-side-out

Anonymous said...

WOW
6 decades here.
This is one of the most useful bits of info that has ever appeared here.

Anonymous said...

I received a message similar to this about a month ago and I could not believe after 40 plus years of tearing off reynolds wrap and saran wrap that I never noticed those little end tabs. I even called my Mom who lives in another state and told her about it. She also never noticed the tabs either. It is so much easier to now tear off the foil/wrap since I found out about this. Pretty amazing,

Chimera said...

I Knew they were there,too lazy to remember they are there and to actually use them!

Anonymous said...

My brand new box of Saran wrap doesn´t have that tab. But the Reynolds foil does...

Dave C said...

it's the little things in life...

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
I went to my foil and saran wrap boxes and sure 'nuf, there's the little tab.

As I pushed them in on both, I got a really good feeling and thought to myself "sometimes it's the simple things in life".