Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Dad At The Mall

I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 92). We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors : green, red, orange, and blue. My dad kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response, knowing he would have a good one, and in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response.

'Got drunk once, and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA........ I love spunky older people! I aspire to be one like my dad one day!
countrygirl@heart

Anonymous said...

People just dont have that kind of sense of humor in this generation. To much attention being placed on being "politically" correct I guess.

Very good come back SIR. I wonder what your opinion on all them people who are running around with their pants pulled down and being worn four sizes to big with no belt, or with belt, and their under wear being exposed.

As far as that goes, I wonder what his veiw of alot of things going on today are ? This "would" be some interesting reading. Joe your hits would be off the charts if you would take some of you time and interveiw this guy and once a day post a couple of his opinions.

Im not trying to drive your blog, just sugesting a humorous blog for you to post. I for one am tired of all the "down" stuff being posted.

We need the far side humor at these times of fall so near.

Anonymous said...

omg that was hilarious! cracked me up!!

Anonymous said...

This didn't happen at our mall the other day. This is a joke that circulated the internet several years ago, but it is nice to see how gullible people can be.

Anonymous said...

Who cares where it happened?

It is FUNNY!!!!

Anonymous said...

for 6:45

Yeah as if electing obama wasnt proof enough !

Anonymous said...

11:08

NOW that was funny! LMAO