Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Cell Phone - Google Information Please

This is something you may wish to use. The telephone company charges $1.50 for information.

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial: 1-800-goog411. This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road.

Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, "Garland, Texas." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, Fire Wheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Fire Wheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free!

Click on the link below and watch the short clip for a quick > demonstration.

http://www.google.com/goog411

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Im not mistaken this service is for businesses not residential, right.
Like you cant ask for Joe Albero's number.
I hthink....

tedh said...

I have used for over a year and not had a single problem with it.

Anonymous said...

You can also send a text message to 46645 (googl) with the name & city,state OR just the zip. This works for residential as well.

Anonymous said...

You can also text google from your cell phone. Just text a general question to 466453. I do it all the time. Heres the link for more info http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sms.html

Anonymous said...

you can also use 1-800-free411