Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, December 29, 2008

Bell Ringer Photos

"Dateline, Dec. 22, 2008, The Deadly Slime.

Joe,

I have been noticing the line in the DT asking for photos of bell ringers and clicking on it occasionally. I just checked again, and NO ONE HAS SENT IN A PHOTO AS OF NOW! Today is the 27th!

I guess people can see all the good photos @ SBYNEWS!

Barry G"

Thanks for the heads up Barry. They had at least 27 days to get out there and take pictures and rather than EARN the money they bring in, they want people to give freely and NOT be paid the $40.00 per shot they pay any Freelance Photographer. I mean, hey, why not. They sell the paper, collect money for advertising and then ask those same people to provide photos for free so they can charge them to read about it a week later in their paper. SUCKERS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry they probably have one on file from 1995 and we'll see it a day or two.

Anonymous said...

I saw one photo in the paper of some bellringers. I have to tell you it looked so staged, the expressions on their faces, the money in their hand. If you saw it you know what I am talking about. What a joke.......

Anonymous said...

Maybe people aren't interested in pictures of bellringers? I would think most bellringers do it to help, not for recognition.

Anonymous said...

Bell ringers really aren't supposed to touch the money at all, ever, that's one of the rules.

It was so cold one night this guy drove past me and he didn't want to get out of his warm truck, he did hand me a couple of dollars and I put it in the kettle. That's still breaking the rules but I wasn't about to lose his two dollars.