Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

KNOCK OUT!!!!!!!!


Fernando Guerrero has done it AGAIN!

This information comes to you almost LIVE. Manager Hal Chernoff just called me to let me know the details of yet another brief fight. Fernando came out in the first round feeling his opponent out and got in a decent punch that knocked his opponent to the mat. However, the referee called it a slip.

Within one minute of the second round Fernando clobbered his opponent with a knock out blow to the head and his opponent went down to the canvas. His face was mushed on the canvas with his left arm behind his back and he was out cold.
It took about 2 minutes, (perhaps longer) before they were able to wake him up and finally get him back to his corner.

This guy Fernando Guerrero is quickly becoming a Super Star. Hal told me he was wiping up the mat in Fernando's corner, he then went to tie his shoe and the next thing he knew the Referee was counting down, he missed the critical blow completely.

I have heard this several times, you cannot blink when watching a Fernando Guerrero Fight! Great work Fernando and thanks for shedding so much positive light to your Home Town, Salisbury Maryland.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, Thanks for the update. Unlike many other journalists, you have been riding this "horse" from the beginning. I guess you know a good thing when you see it!LOL Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Coach Hal,
Joe, I was joking when I said I was tying my shoes I never take my eyes off whats going on in the ring. That's the biggest no-no in boxing.

Anonymous said...

As a side note, the reason that the ref called it a slip was because when he stepped in to give the count, I guess he realized that there is no standing 8count in TN. So it was either stop the bout which would have looked strange or call it a slip which covered him a little.

Anonymous said...

Together we can do the same to Obubba in next year's Salisbury City election!!!!!

Jason S. said...

Fernando is the real deal and I am a fan!
Get us another fight in the 'Bury buddy!

Anonymous said...

In the red corner "Fernando (Shore-stomp-you) Guerrero".

Anonymous said...

The fact that Fernando is a good, maybe great, fighter doesn't make him good for his hometown. The fact that he is successful and a great person out of the ring does!
Polly Markis