Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today Is National Recycling Day



Today is National Recycling Day. The first photo is of Salisbury's Recycling Force with City recycling staff. The second photo is of Julia "Betsy" Hancock, one of the original two members (the second is James Trader) who have been working tirelessly to get Salisbury recycling for years. Three cheers for this dedicated group! Recycle, reuse, restore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I own a bakery, cakes by david, on soouth division st. when recycling began in salisbury i talked to the people who live here the importance of recycling. I was told by the city that I was commercial and they would not pick up my recycling. I pointed out that I was leading by example. It would not be going out of their way to pick up the cans/bottles and the money made would go into the city coffers. That was several years ago. As of this week I guess someone has a problem picking up recycling here. It is sitting out in the rain.?? I will recycle if I must take it to one of the recycling centers. We also recycle clothing/coats for children. Concerned Parents for Kids a 501C3 organization. If we all recycled there would not be a very large mountain on brick kiln road.