Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

SALISBURY'S WEST SIDE . . . HIGH CRIME ZONE


KURT REPLY ''People come up to me and say, 'You played Snake Plissken.' I didn't play Snake Plissken,'' says Russell, ''I created him!''
Everett Collection
I just made it back from the West Side of Salisbury and was successful in retrieving my Ledo's Pizza.
With the recent high crime report just released by Jim Ireton for the Westside of Salisbury, I decided to brandish a patch over one eye to mimmick and portray a hardened criminal so none of the real scoundrels would mess with me. It must of worked because I managed to make it back and am stuffing my face with Pizza.

Anyone out there that dares to make the same trip is encouraged to do the same.

Johnnie Miller

6 comments:

Chimera said...

Did You land on top of
Ledos in plane?LOL

LetterWriter said...

Thank you for this post :) The mental picture is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Ledo's is THE BEST! Worth whatever danger is involved with going and picking it up!!!!!
(Once you've managed to get your order straight with the non-American help, that is)

Anonymous said...

Re: blutojthetotmom Posting

You're to funny. If you'll remember in the real movie, flying - roof top to roof top - was just about the only way you could reliably traverse from one end of town to the other. It was just to dangerous to drive or walk because of the thugs.

And now Salisbury is almost just as bad. I hoped everyone noticed the crime stats posted by Fineman for the West side. It was almost triple from the east side and was well above all of the other Districts.

Anonymous said...

Doesnt Tom Ruark own this one?

Chimera said...

Sadly,the building that "Snake" landed atop of when he arrived in Manhattan was obliterated just a little over 7 yrs ago.........on 9/11 ( for those of you who never saw the film,Russells character landed on the North Tower.
BTW going off topic ....Johnnie you are obviously a Kurt fan-so I gotta ask-what did you think of his performance in Grindhouse:Death Proof ?That movie is going to be a cult classic.I loved it and told hubby that Stuntman Mike was really just Snake Pliskens evil alter-ego.