Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Today's Daily Times

Look, considering the Sunday Daily Times is the most expensive of the week, give me a little something for my money! Give me articles that haven't been all over Salisbury News days ago! Give me information in your News Tracker, (or whatever they call it) that didn't come from Salisbury News. Heck, I don't even recall them doing an article on the street performer in Ocean City, (I have done two articles on that) topic. Quite frankly, I believe this Sunday's Paper was smaller than any regular week day with exception of the sale ads.

I have been in contact with insiders within the Daily Times and although Joe Carmean denied several days ago that they were laying off people left and right, they are laying off people left and right and no one knows about it. This was confirmed to me just recently.

The hand me down equipment they're getting is causing massive delays in production, yet they're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on Office Supplies, like desks and chairs.

The local Salisbury Daily Times is being seriously mismanaged and they better start doing something real quick because I don't think it's going to take much longer with this slowing economy and daily customers getting fed up with their lack of news. AP articles are great but we all know we can get that news on line and or well before hand on local television news shows.

I am very disappointed in today's paper and should you waste the money to go out and buy one today, so will you. Just my opinion.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so sure "no one knows" about people being laid off at the DT. I have a friend who works there (and is doing his best to get another job before the paper goes under) and another who just got the axe.

I agree with you, the DT is a real POS, and it has been for years. I remember someone I used to know calling it the Daily Disappointment, at that was at least 20 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Their building on Carroll street is for sale -- are they moving and when or are they going belly-up?

Anonymous said...

Just a matter of time.The DT to day was news I read on joesblog 2 days ago.Leave out the fliers inside I wouldva saved my change.Harhead

Anonymous said...

Geeze joe,
I'm sure glad we have you to "report" the news!
Anybody with half a brain knows the print media is in decline. HOWEVER you personaly are not responsibile. Why don't you get off your high horse and stop bashing the "Times". At least they aren't taking cheap shots at the public. Just imagine if Greg Basset and crew were to print their actual thoughts and feelings about you. With no accountability to anyone. At least they have some tact which is something you do not.

joe albero said...

Good Morning Greg, thank for stopping by.

Oh, let's see. How about every time Art Goetz went to write an letter to the editor Greg would end it, (for 4 years) Art Goetz is the Father of Jennifer Albero who is suing the City of Salisbury.

He claims, (Greg) that he has all this respect for Art Goetz, yet he didn't put up. Art Goetz is the retired former Director of the Wicomico County Library Ststem?

Because Greg wanted to take cheap shots. Isn't it funny how Joe Albero gets a format in which I can share my thoughts by the thousands per day, the Daily Times finally has some competition and they're failing against ONE MAN!

Same goes with the Mayor! Hasn't it been interesting how Joe Albero was called a nut for years and now everything I was saying all these years has come true.

The Times is history. No, I don't want credit for such. I want them to stick around. However, I want to see a more improved product WITHOUT EXCUSES.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should start posting things that the Times cover and you don't. But then we would be here all day long! You cover wht you like to do, like bashing the city and fire department. Thats news to you! It bashing to most of us!

Where is your sports page, real news page, world news, and obituaries?

Your not a pimple on the "DT" ass.

Look back in your replys in just this post only and you will see spelling errors on your put. But everyday you post remarks about "JR" and the Times mis spelling words.

No one is perfect Joe not even you.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you frequently instruct comment posters to go to another blog if they don't like what you have to say. You could certainly follow that advice and get your news from a different source than the Daily Times.

I think you could have something special on your hands with the way you stir up news, but as long as you hold grudges against members of the community, you won't be respected by people with common sense.


Anon 9:33 is right that the Daily Times can't just bash people with different agendas. They are reporting news the way it's been reported for decades. True, with so many people receiving news from credible online sources, a paper just isn't a necessity any longer. SBY news isn't responsible for Gannett's sinking stock prices.
You get news out to the public faster than a newspaper can, but I've never read "OMG" and "IMHO" in a print headline. You aren't a teenaged girl.

Keep reporting the news we might not normally see, but man, find some tact. Find a sense of decency, and do us a favor and stop patting yourself on the back.

Good day, Sir.

Anonymous said...

First, let me say I am not praising Joe and sbynews.com as the be all and end all. However, anyone who thinks the DT has not been guilty of taking "cheap shots" at people the same as Joe is wrong. They have printed half-truths and outright lies about Tim Spies, Debbie Campbell, Terry Cohen and others more than once, and some of their so-called reporters have misquoted people many times. At least I don't have to pay to read this blog.