Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Crisfield Labor Day Weekend Parade









To think that Salisbury only has one Parade a year shows the major difference between other communities getting out enjoying themselves and happy with their own community. Crisfield went all out with this Parade and the thousands of people that showed up had a blast! The kids lined the streets where candy was flying everywhere and life long lasting memories were made. It wasn't bitter cold, (obviously) and as you can see from these photos, people were truly having fun.

Oh, that's right, we have the Salisbury Festival, that's right. I liked the Parade and Crab Derby better myself. Thanks for a great time Crisfield. I'll be back!!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that they had a parade. I've heard of the Hard Crab Derby but never knew it was like you have described. Thanks for filling us in Joe!

Anonymous said...

Good pictures Joe! Thanks for bringing them to us!

Anonymous said...

doesnt the guy behind the clown look like reese.

Jim said...

I just wish Crifield brought back those county music festvals they had. My wife went to a few, I just one... but what a great time. Festival seating, BYOB, great food. The one I went to had an upstart Colin Ray and headlined by Vince Gill, who shows up in golf shoes after playing a round in OC. I am not a big country music fan, but that was a good time.
Ahhh... progress... development I guess is more important.

JIM
GO CAPS!!
(is it hockey season yet?)

Chimera said...

You forgot something Joe!LOL
Tonight there will be fireworks in Crisfield to mark the end of the 2008 Derby.

Anonymous said...

Joe your pics bring back many memories. In one bad NOREASTER I remember padding a large wash tub right up main street.Every weekend there were crowds as big on main street that you have shown.Those were the days of 4 theaters,10 churchs 1 bowling alley,4 cab co.,8 bars, 5 confect. stores,2 drug stories. No kid was left behing.We were all poor and had to walk to school in good and bad weather.Almost forgot the 1 hotel.Hardhead

Anonymous said...

you aint a rock your a hardhead, i get it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a hell of a lot more people attending the Christfield parade than the cheezy Salisbarrie Christmas Parade. And I don't say this with disrespect to the Jaycees as a matter of fact they do an awesome job. It is the ghetto mare that we have and nobody cares about anything in this town anymore.

Anonymous said...

I heard that Crisfield also has a night time Christmas parade. Can you keep us posted on that Joe? It's going to be here before we know it!