Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 01, 2008

Salvage Grocery Stores?

With the costs of everything that we need on a daily basis skyrocketing, many people are turning to alternative sources for all of their needs. Today I found an article about the growing popularity of 'Salvage Grocery Stores'.

http://jewishworldreview.com/0708/salvage_grocery_stores.php3

My husband and I are regular customers at Lankford Sysco Cash and Carry, where there is a section for damaged cases of food or today's date meat is sold at a discount. We have shopped there for years and I prefer it over the larger chain stores as we know the names of all of the employees in the store and the food is top quality. Actually, I think that their 'retail' prices are lower than the chains, plus it's nice to go where everybody knows your name .

I have a friend who shops at a place in DE on 13 next to the 13 Market called Lou's. She is always bragging about the things that she has purchased there and pennies that she paid for them. Unfortunately, every time I have been there something has just died and I can't get past the smell.

Anyway, I found the article interesting, and was wondering if anyone else has frequented these type of discount stores?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do shop at Lou's. The smell doesn't bother me at all. I quess growing up on a chicken farm helps. The food is good you just need to watch exp dates and use a little common sense. I can spend 50dollars and fill my fridge up. 50 dollars at the chain stores. Maybe, one bag