Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Crabs!

An Eastern Shore of Maryland man leaving the bay, was stopped by a game warden recently, with two ice chests full of live illegal sized crabs in water.

The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those crabs?"

Naw, my friend, I ain't got no license. These here are my pet crabs."

"Pet crabs?"

"Yep. Every night I take these crabs down to the bay and let 'em swim

around for a while. Then I whistle and they jump right back into this ice

chest and I take 'em home."

"That's a bunch of Bull! Crabs can't do that!"

The man looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "It's the truth. I'll show you. It really works."

"Okay, I've GOT to see this!"

The man poured the crabs into the river and stood and waited.

After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" said the man.

"When are you going to call them back?"

"Call who back?"


"The crabs!"

"WHAT crabs?"


We from the Eastern Shore of Maryland may not be as smart as some, but we ain't as dumb as most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! From a family of Waterman, this is just too cute!

countrygirl@heart said...

hahahahahahaha.....I love it! backwoods redneck but not a complete dumba$$! I love my watermen! They make CRABS a good thing to have :) wink wink