Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, June 20, 2008

If You Are Still Having Problems Getting Over Fathers Day…You Gotta Read ‘Post Secrets’


This is one of my favorite new sites.

As you know last weekend was Fathers Day and the cards herein are reflective of the holiday.

Post Secrets is a site started by a Maryland man named Frank who thought it would be interesting to have people send anonymous post cards to a PO Box @ 13345 Copper Ridge Road, Germantown, MD 20874-3454

People write anything they want often on hand made post cards and often telling their innermost secrets just to get them off of their chests.

Each Sunday, Frank posts this weeks best postcards, and I look forward to reading them each Sunday.

This project has taken on a life of his own and now travels the country doing Post Secret Seminars, he has also written 4 books containing thousands of Post Secrets.

Sometimes they are funny, sometimes extremely sad, but always poingnant. Not all are as dark as the one featured here, but I posted it to show the amazing honesty and frailty of the human condition.

I encourage everyone to take a look especially this fathers day issue, I found it quite moving.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading Post Secret every Sunday since I was introduced to it by my daughter when she was in college. It will make your emotions roller coaster every week! The books are also great!