Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Dog Story

An older, tired looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well fed belly, that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me and I gave him a few pats on the head, whereupon he followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in a corner and went fast asleep.

An hour later he went to the door and I let him out. The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and slept for about an hour.

This continued off and on for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is, and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house to take a nap'.

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note attached to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, two under the age of three - he's just trying to catch up on his sleep.'

Can I come with him tomorrow?

6 comments:

annabanana said...

Well isn't that just sweet! What a way to make ANYONE smile!

Anonymous said...

lmao

hip.boots

Anonymous said...

Good story Joe, and you having a young grandson there with you, I guess you can relate to the answer you got back from the dogs owner. So, why don't you come over to our house and take a nap away from young Gavin? Just kidding.

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think this dog's sister just came to visit me yesterday, and I live several states away! Looks like twins! What a great story!

Anonymous said...

this is sweet, but haven't you had this post before?
It is worth a repeat, I might add.

Anonymous said...

Joe'
This story was so sweet I had to read it more then one time . Way to cute so maybe you can take a nap with him so you can get your rest .